Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: playback-pr0n  (Read 57723 times)

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: playback-pr0n
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2005, 03:25:15 PM »
you'll just have to come over and see for yourself

next time i'm in denver buddy, i'll be calling ya up ;)  i'm debating a red rocks visit this summer for a show.  possibly that july 1 show.  have to see how my schedule shapes up.  there is a damn good chance i'll be touring with Madahoochi this summer doing sound and/or playing guitar so i'm not sure what's going to be what this summer.

Offline JeffK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2005, 03:43:05 PM »
Here are a few of mine.

B&W 604S3's
SA8000HD HD DVR Box/Digi-Cable box
Shitty RCA DVD (DVD-A) Player
Denon DCM-340 CD Player
Sony VCR that's just taking up space :)
Arcam Alpha 10 Integrated Amp
All low level cables, probably Monster mostly.  I need to get new interconnects and speaker cables soon, and plan on getting a center/sub/rears to complete the HT setup too.  At that time, I'll upgrade the source as well.

Full rig from listening position.

Just the Rack, which I believe is made by Sanus.

Another view.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 03:47:06 PM by JeffK »

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2005, 09:25:01 AM »
that looks really nice Jeff

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2005, 11:45:17 PM »
Wow, lots of nice systems.  :)

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2005, 07:48:37 AM »
Anyone have specific rack recs?  I am thinking about taking down my large entertainment center in favor of something much more compact.  How does everyone keep the mess of cables hidden though?

D
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2005, 07:54:12 AM »
How does everyone keep the mess of cables hidden though?

I don't.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2005, 09:37:52 AM »
Thanks Moke, stellar suggestions.  Looking behind my ent center this morning, the mess is just that, a big freaking mess of cables everywhere.  I will have to come up with something if I do all of this.  I really want my speakers less far out into the room, so I get some rear reflection with treatments behind them, but doing so is going to be costly I imagine.  Has anyone tried making a rack?  If so, is it possible for the handyman retarded to pull this off?
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2005, 11:21:19 AM »
Thanks Moke, stellar suggestions.  Looking behind my ent center this morning, the mess is just that, a big freaking mess of cables everywhere.  I will have to come up with something if I do all of this.  I really want my speakers less far out into the room, so I get some rear reflection with treatments behind them, but doing so is going to be costly I imagine.  Has anyone tried making a rack?  If so, is it possible for the handyman retarded to pull this off?

If I were you'd I'd really try to tidy up a bit and keep your power cables as far away from your interconnects, from my experience doing so can make an audible improvement in sound.

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2005, 11:29:35 AM »
Has anyone tried making a rack? If so, is it possible for the handyman retarded to pull this off?

Read the entire thread. This has already been discussed.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2005, 11:34:14 AM »
Has anyone tried making a rack? If so, is it possible for the handyman retarded to pull this off?

Read the entire thread. This has already been discussed.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=33580.15

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2005, 12:30:29 PM »
Thanks, I looked at that one this morning.  There are several others out there at some tweak sites that are interesting as well.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2005, 02:05:30 PM »

Help me understand why you don't want them so far out in the room.

sc.

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2005, 06:22:39 PM »

I assume ya mean of your own design/not a kit.  If so, I consider myself to be pretty "handy" and don't think I could construct anything that Heather would let in the house.   Well...that's not true.  I think the one stand I could make that would look great would be made of threaded rod, washers, hex nuts and granite. 

"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Mojowill

• Educated, no. Stupid, yup.
  • YOGIS R.I.P.
    • Mojowill's Music List
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2005, 08:38:33 PM »
1X10"s and cinder blocks baby, who cares what it looks like, as  long as it sounds good.

J/K  even though I use some pretty ghetto racks.
I ran all my speaker wire under the floor, It's a renter and I could give a flying fuck about putting holes in the floors ;D
nothing a little wood putty and some shellac won't hide when I leave
I'm a mean machine drinkin gasoline and honey you can make my motor hum.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2005, 10:07:52 PM »
http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=10358146

I bought one of these and it is worth every penny...comes with spikes or screws for the feet, and looks great....I couldnt have built something comparable for the cost of materials and labor

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.214 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com