Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sony vaio pcg-v505ex  (Read 2845 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
sony vaio pcg-v505ex
« on: October 28, 2004, 12:30:50 AM »
Several issues here
1. How do i preven it going into hybernation when I close the lid?
2. I did a clean install of xp, how do I adjust the contrast (function keys aren't working)
3. Where the crap do I get win2k dirvers, sony website no help
4. Any vaio users have tips
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline clarson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Workingman's Tracker
Re: sony vaio pcg-v505ex
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 12:57:03 AM »
I only know the answer to #1
Right click on desktop: "Properties" > "Screensaver" tab > "Power" button > "Advanced" tab.
Once you're there you'll see a drop down menu that says "When I close the lid of my computer:" and you'll want to choose "do nothing"

Or instead of clicking the Advanced tab, click the "Hibernate" tab. There's a box that says "enable hibernation". You can uncheck that too.

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 06:03:51 AM »

you coldnt go to the sony page for the specific model you have and get win2k drivers?

my old vaio picturebook and the newer vaio i had both had 2k drivers on thier particular pages

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 02:12:18 PM »
I just got off the phone with sony.  They don't support windows 2000, and basically said your screwed.  *shakes fist angrily at sony*  I guess I'll try a home/pro, dual boot now
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 03:56:26 PM »
I just got off the phone with sony.  They don't support windows 2000, and basically said your screwed.  *shakes fist angrily at sony*  I guess I'll try a home/pro, dual boot now

why do you have to run win2000? XP Pro is a fairly reliable and solid OS. I've been kind out of the loop since switching to a mac. There are web istes out there with info for optimising XP pro for recording audio.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 05:25:45 PM »
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 01:56:25 PM »
Several issues here
1. How do i preven it going into hybernation when I close the lid?
2. I did a clean install of xp, how do I adjust the contrast (function keys aren't working)
4. Any vaio users have tips

why do you need w2k drivers w/ xp?
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 04:06:06 PM »

why do you have to run win2000? XP Pro is a fairly reliable and solid OS. I've been kind out of the loop since switching to a mac. There are web istes out there with info for optimising XP pro for recording audio.

even doing that on my newer sony laptop i wasnt able to get xp pro to work correctly w/out clicks/pops

Offline FiKe

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 01:30:01 AM »
hey now
 I'm running a Sony PC-k13 and I swear I was never happy with this laptop for any audio applications , when burning Cd's with eac it would never auto eject the CD on completion I had to push the little emergency pin hole, Recording was a joke no matter what I did it was very unreliable and would quit recording and either crash or lock up Im pretty good about defragging and such needed to run windows, and I know some of you guys are pretty windows literate but I couldnt even get this comp to play a CD without hanging, up the list of gripes with it were endless.
 THen one warn summer night in the control room ( I work at a powwer plant)  I forget what I was doing but I got this very spooky looking blue screen with alot of useless( to me anyways) info about things not being right in the winblows OS so I rebooted and alas the hard drive wasnt being recoginized . Removed and reinstalled the HD and no joy no luck no computer ,you get the idea.
 Well I talked with sony and that was just as useless as when I talked to them about my M-1 I couldnt even get a straight answer as to where to send the dammed thing much less how long it would take. So I looked around and found another HD for 120$ and a guy at work suggested I give mandrake a try.
 I downloaded 10.0 official , Audacity and a few other programs and now i have a viable reliable DAW.
 Im thinking of writing up a little something describing the whole process and posting it in the Linux links thread,maybe one day we will have a Linux dedicated forum here.
 I dont know if your laptop has any of the problems this one had but Im actually really happy the HD died because I now have really nice computer the learning curve was a little intense at first but I wouldnt hesitate to install Mandrake on anything I own in fact I bought the Power Pack cds ( 6 ) for 59$ .
 And I never did get half of the fn keys to work as well as alot of other stuff.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 01:31:54 AM by pbibb1657 »
ELA-M-260>ULN-2>Logic 9.17 or 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com