Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A thumbs up to Avant Electonics (Avantone mics)  (Read 1452 times)

Offline MSTaper

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
A thumbs up to Avant Electonics (Avantone mics)
« on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »
I have to give a BIG shout out to the folks at Avant Electronic, the makers of Avantone mics.

One of the CK1s I bought here a couple of years ago died at Phish in Atlanta on July 3. I contacted Busman, who offered to repair it at a fair price, but I contacted Avant Electronics just on a whim and a rep called me within a few hours. He said send the mic and they'd either fix it or replace it, no questions asked, no charge.

I was honest about where I got them and told him about how much I've used them and he was very happy to help me out even though they were long out of warrant, which probably didn't extend to me anyway.

The mic arrived in California Friday afternoon and I received a call from Derek at Avant when I got home from work at about 6:15 p.m. CDT. He said they received the mic, found and replaced a bad FET, cleaned the caps and shipped the mics out! I should have it back first of next week!

I've been very happy with the results I  get from these mics and I'm even more impressed with the company for helping me out.

MSTaper

P.S. I also appreciate the prompt response from Busman!
Church Audio CA-11, Avantone CK-1
Edirol UA-5
Edirol R-09, Fostex FR-2LE

12/13 Patterson Hood - Florence, Ala.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com