Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: That RA Neutrik insert certainly snapped "IN" easily, how do I back it "OUT"?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Carrera2

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member

So I got some cable and connectors to give a go at some DIY cables.  Started fiddling around with the Neutrik RA connector pieces last night and snapped that insert right into the housing.  From an inspection of the one I haven't fiddled with, it looks like I may have made a paperweight.  I fished around with a jewelers screwdriver and safety pin for quite a long while to try to release the spring-loaded fit.  Anything I am missing?  Ever take one of these apart?

http://www.neutrik.com/client/neutrik/media/downloads/Media_1428893791.pdf

Alan

Offline dgodwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
which ones, the male or female?  I had no problems getting the males out.

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
which ones, the male or female?  I had no problems getting the males out.

female

Offline tenesejedd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Never trust a woman who wears her pants too tight
yeah, i've done this before.  right below the plug there is a black plastic clip that goes around about 75% of the plug. That whole clip need to come out. you have to make sure the head of the plug is rotated just right to you can get it out. Once that black clip is out, it will come out much easier.
Avantone CK-1>Busman T-Mod FR2-LE
Edirol R-1

I see you scissoring me with your eyes...

Offline Carrera2

• Taperssection Member
yeah, i've done this before.  right below the plug there is a black plastic clip that goes around about 75% of the plug. That whole clip need to come out. you have to make sure the head of the plug is rotated just right to you can get it out. Once that black clip is out, it will come out much easier.

+T X 3  (just because it rhymes.)

That did the trick .. thanks so much .. I stared at it and poked at it until late last night (early this morning) and finally gave up.

You gotta love this place, what a wealth of helpful info and folks.

Thanks again.   

:realhappy:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com