Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dpa 4061 vs. akg ck77  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Thom Joad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
dpa 4061 vs. akg ck77
« on: May 27, 2004, 09:12:51 AM »
Hey folks,

Want to get me a set of micro omni's to do a little low-pro. stuff.  I'm really considering J. Norman's 4061's, but noticed that a guy over on oade's board has a set of ck77's he's recently split up from a package deal and is offering them up by themselves.  

I can't get his email address from the board, so I can't ask if the MPA III L XLR/phantom adaptors come with the mics. (I'm assuming they do since it was advertised as a complete package)  John is including his microdot/XLR adapters with his dpa's, however his were originally part of a headband assembly and have about 4" of it remaining, so it may be a little tougher to work these into a hat/stealth situation, but I think I could make it work.

I'd be grateful for any opinions anyone could give on the sound of these two mics. when used for a WAY fob job.  Thanks in advance!! - Matt

Offline tooldvn

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul.
Re:dpa 4061 vs. akg ck77
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 06:54:07 PM »
This isn't much help, but here's what I was told about the ck77's after no one replied to a thread I'd asked about them in:

"Nobody replied because nobody uses them. That being said, there's probably a reason that nobody uses them for taping."

That is a pretty lame answer I admit, but I'm not going to be the guinea pig giving them a try at this time.  The guy you mention on the Oade board is the first I've heard of anyone using them for taping besides a few stray google searches.  You should ask him for some samples of stuff he's taped with them.

Report back! So we can actually have some decent feedback on these mics...

The dpas are great though, I have used and still use them at times.

-dvn
DPA 4061²  &  AKG 61/63

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re:dpa 4061 vs. akg ck77
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 09:18:25 PM »
rec.audio.pro only had 2 hits, one said that it used to be the most common large lavalier(sp?) mic but not anymore.  

http://www.akgusa.com/ck77.html

not much else i can see out there about these.

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.135 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com