Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: yet another R-09 SDHC card thread - 16GB Transcend, successful  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Transcend 16GB Class 6 SDHC card arrived today. I haven't heard word yet of anyone using cards larger than 8gb in the R-09 so here's an initial report:

Inserted card, turned on recorder.  Boots fine.  Check card info menu - reports 14.95gb.
Enter record pause mode (24/28) - display indicates 07:12:19 remaining.
Short test recording - works fine.
Format card in recorder - successful, card info reports 14.95gb.

Running a test recording now with the default 2gb file split limit selected to see what happens at 8gb / 7hrs 13min.

Stay tuned
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 02:48:19 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline bhakti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: yet another R-09 SDHC card thread - 16GB Transcend, now testing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:05:25 AM »
+T gutbucket... keep us posted... hopefully it works... i remember reading that Edirol R-09 wasn't compatible with the Transcend brand, but maybe I'm tripping...

thanks again man... would love to get a 16GB card...

bhakti

Offline digifish_music

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:41 AM »
+T gutbucket... keep us posted... hopefully it works... i remember reading that Edirol R-09 wasn't compatible with the Transcend brand, but maybe I'm tripping...

thanks again man... would love to get a 16GB card...

bhakti

Yes would make a nice companion for an R-44 :)
- What's this knob do?

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
Recorded 8 files totaling 15 hours 29 min and 9 sec. overnight, auto-splitting at the 2:04:12 mark (2gb at 24/48).  Looks like it works fine.  Only oddity I can find is the report of only 7:12:19 remaining with an empty card.  I was sleeping when it reached that point, but it didn't seem to pose a problem.

... i remember reading that Edirol R-09 wasn't compatible with the Transcend brand, but maybe I'm tripping...

I have heard the same of latter Transcend 8gb cards.  I have one of their early 8gb cards (and a couple newer 8gb Kingstons) that work fine though.

Yes would make a nice companion for an R-44 :)

I was thinking the same thing.  :)
Also nice for 2-track work to have 15-1/2 hours to roll without a card swap or USB dump.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
a little off topic, ive got a 16gb AData that works fine in everything ive tested so far, will be using it for recording in my axim and doing some detaield tests soon.

maybe we can swap cards so i can test the transcend in my axim and you can test the adata with the R09?
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 02:46:37 PM »
Can do.. after a couple festivals I have lined up this month and next.  Real word test for this card starts tomorrow though Sunday.

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
Re: yet another R-09 SDHC card thread - 16GB Transcend, successful
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:25:15 AM »
+Ts everyone.  I'm going to go ahead and order a 16 gb.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
Card worked fine for Langerado.  Really nice having all that space.

Offline prof_peabody

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Team Houston
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »
Card worked fine for Langerado.  Really nice having all that space.

The 4 GB card was a big PITA for SXSW.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com