Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD batteries w/ R-44  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
DVD batteries w/ R-44
« on: July 21, 2013, 01:52:18 AM »
I have a few of the 9V DVD batteries, and I just got an R-44 recently.  I see that the R-44 has a power setting for external batteries from 9v up, and also has a setting for "adapter".  So I plugged in a battery today, and switched the input from "adapter" to "9v".  I immediately got a "low battery" warning or something of the sort on the screen.  I tried it with both the batteries I brought with me.  I have no idea why, because they were both fully charged, and they worked fine w/ my V3. 

I ended up getting power and just plugging in the R-44.  Is it doing this because somehow the voltage is dropping below 9v for the batts, and it thinks it's low?  Is it safe to just leave the power setting on "adapter" and use it as-is?  I've used these batteries numerous times with a UA-5 (which I think is also 9-12v), without incident.

Offline mepaca

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • taperssection member
Re: DVD batteries w/ R-44
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:26:35 AM »
yes, I do that with my tekkeon.

Offline dmonkey

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:55:46 AM »
I used "adapter" with my R44 and DVD batteries -- works fine.
MK4's, KM140's or MC930's >  Tinybox or Aerco MP-2 > R-09, M-10, R-44 (Oade CM) or MixPre-6

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
I used "adapter" with my R44 and DVD batteries -- works fine.

Yep ^^^
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »
Great, thanks.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.194 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com