Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR-680 Firmware v. 1.30 released  (Read 8566 times)

Offline bvaz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: DR-680 Firmware v. 1.30 released
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 07:32:57 AM »

• The remaining recording time display has been changed from the time for each file to the time for the entire media.

this makes me happy.  this was always an unnecessary PITA at festivals.

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 09:32:07 AM »
Yeah, no need to check remaining space via the card info menu anymore.

Wonder what it displays if set to write only one stereo low bit-rate mp3, using a high capacity card.  The available time remaining would surely exceed the number of digits available on the display.  All nines maybe.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:06 PM »

• The remaining recording time display has been changed from the time for each file to the time for the entire media.

this makes me happy.  this was always an unnecessary PITA at festivals.

Big improvement
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline Cobiwan

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
Just updated mine. Now I just need the chance to record something to see if i even notice the difference.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
2 matched pairs of Oktava MK-012 MSP6 with Bill Sitler mod + cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and omni capsules
Church Audio CA-14 omni/UBB
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Tascam HD-P2, Tascam DR-680, Zoom F-8
Cables:
Gakables XLR, S/PDIF, battery and umbrella, DigiGal AES > S/PDIF, Darktrain hot swap battery

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (15)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 03:15:34 PM »
I updated last night. 

Multichannel playback for files copied back to the card works!  Rebuilding a take for a fileset is super quick.  One quirk, which is inconsequential as far as I can tell: If the file set contains the extra stereo file (say dig-in, or a live mix from the other channels), after a rebuild that file remains separate from the multichannel set.  The machine will playback the files included in the multichannel take simultaneously, and once the end of the multichannel file is reached, the stereo file will play after it, sequentially, from the 1/2 RCA outputs and digital out.

This behavior is different than playing back files without (removing and) rebuilding the take.  In that case the stereo file will not play sequentially after the multichannel files, but is accessed via the stereo/multi button on top of the machine.  Switch back and forth between the multichannel set and the stereo file by pressing that button.  Behaving like two parallel playlists rather than one playing the files in series.

In either case, the stereo file cannot be played simultaneously with the multichannel files, so this doesn't really matter.  However once should be able to rename the stereo file 'st12, st34, or st56' to take the place of a stereo pair from the multichannel take, allowing it to be played back simultaneously with the others that way.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 03:22:56 PM by Gutbucket »
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline ziko

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »
couple of liklely dumb questions. I just updated. I assuming nothing has changed in the way i set up to record. also where is the recording time left on the card, I ammissing that? Is it the line below the time? i have never looked at that so...

Offline bvaz

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 06:16:57 AM »
couple of liklely dumb questions. I just updated. I assuming nothing has changed in the way i set up to record. also where is the recording time left on the card, I ammissing that? Is it the line below the time? i have never looked at that so...
if you hit display while recording, it changes to time left and the clock counts down.  not as obvious to see as say the R44, but still fairly easy.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com