Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack and S/PDIF... control levels where?  (Read 4926 times)

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Microtrack and S/PDIF... control levels where?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 12:15:54 PM »
Are the "Line Outs" active while recording uisng the spdif input?  I use a Coaxial spdif input from an external a/d converter and was wondering if the SVU-1 would work if plugged into the Line Out jacks of the Microtrack.  I currently use the CoreSound Mic 2496 a/d converter with excellent results simply monitoring the -12.5 db signal lights and the -1 db "clipping indicator".  These are very accurate and have always provided excellent results. 

DPA 4061
CoreSound Mic 2496
Coaxial spdif
MT 2496
Kingston CF 4 GB Card

No and neither is the headphone output.  M-Audio claims this will be fixed in a future firmware upgrade etc etc etc etc

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 12:53:30 PM »
Are the "Line Outs" active while recording uisng the spdif input?  I use a Coaxial spdif input from an external a/d converter and was wondering if the SVU-1 would work if plugged into the Line Out jacks of the Microtrack.  I currently use the CoreSound Mic 2496 a/d converter with excellent results simply monitoring the -12.5 db signal lights and the -1 db "clipping indicator".  These are very accurate and have always provided excellent results. 

DPA 4061
CoreSound Mic 2496
Coaxial spdif
MT 2496
Kingston CF 4 GB Card

No and neither is the headphone output.  M-Audio claims this will be fixed in a future firmware upgrade etc etc etc etc

I wouldn't count on that. I've only ever heard that they were 'looking into it' and I've heard some rumblings that it turned out to be harder that originally thought.

J.T.

cmoorevt

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 01:12:21 PM »
I'm far from counting on it, but the tech support rep did tell me this:

[A R -- 01/25/2006 01:29]
That is correct. there is no spdif monitoring yet. It will be included in a future firmware update.

Now whether that actually comes to fruition or not is a whole 'nother story.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com