Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3... Quick Question.  (Read 2304 times)

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
JB3... Quick Question.
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:10:48 PM »
I recorded with a JB3 from a UA5 last night.... it was going along great then it all just stopped. The JB3 locked up. I had to pull the battery to "reset"it. I then noticed there was no signal from the ua5... Did I read that if the voltage went low the UA5 would stop sending a signal? Would this cause what happened. Is my file lost?   Thanks

Oh the show was Cheese Dog From Phoenix. (SCI/RatDog)
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • move along, nothing much to see here
Re: JB3... Quick Question.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »
If the ua5 stops sending the signal the JB3 will not lockup it will record a second about once a minute. 

Could have been heat related on the JB3.  If you had to reset the JB3 the file is toast
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:43:44 PM »
If the ua5 stops sending the signal the JB3 will not lockup it will record a second about once a minute. 

Could have been heat related on the JB3.  If you had to reset the JB3 the file is toast

I'd still go into rescue mode and try Clean Up...it might find something...maybe.

And yes - the JB3 will appear to lock up if the UA5 battery dies/gets low and stops feeding the optical feed...it will record a second a minute as noted by previous poster...

Offline Javit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Lágrimas de Sangre - Guayasamín
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
What if you're powering the jb3 with it's own batteries?

Nobility is expensive, nonproductive and parasitic, siphoning away too much of society's energy to satisfy its frivolous cravings.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 12:05:42 AM »

The JB3 will stop if it quits recieving a signal via the optical in.  I had my cable come loose on me once and the JB3 stopped.  I hit record again and it started a new track no problem.  As it turned out, the JB3 "stopped and saved" the file when it lost signal.  Lost about 5 minutes of music or so???  I was in the bathroom and I think someone accidentally kicked my bag...

If your JB3 overheats, it will just shutdown.  Or it will show you the "overheat" screen.  I've never had this happen at a show, but have it happen at home when I'm doing a ton of transferring.  I'm not sure what happens to the recording at a show if you overheat...

And yep, as far as I know, if you reset, and didn't get a good "stop and save" your file is toast... 

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:08:55 AM »
Wow... There is an overheat screen?  Until recently been taping in AZ with the JB3 and have had it overheat several times .  Never realized there was an actual warning.

EDIT: PS... Brian... if you need a copy of Cheesedog let me know.  Have not split the tracks yet but have them on my HD.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 02:08:47 AM »
My buddy has had his jb3 stop a few times, and he thinks its due to the internal batteries. and the problem of cutting the signal and messing up the recording has occured with my microtracker as well.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.224 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com