Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR2 LE (previously FR3 LE)  (Read 107938 times)

Offline homer420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone know anything about this Fostex FR2 LE (previously FR3 LE)
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »
- how can you sort the files on your computer?  The names are something like B20h21m09s16jan2008.wav.  I would like to sort based on regular date.  Is that what the ".adl" or whatever files are on there for?  If so, what packages can read those?

Was just looking into this myself.  Appears setting "FileNameMode" to Reel will leave you w/ easily sortable files.

~Dave
MBHO 603/KA200N's -> furtooli

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2008, 01:51:46 AM »
- how can you sort the files on your computer?  The names are something like B20h21m09s16jan2008.wav.  I would like to sort based on regular date.  Is that what the ".adl" or whatever files are on there for?  If so, what packages can read those?

Was just looking into this myself.  Appears setting "FileNameMode" to Reel will leave you w/ easily sortable files.

~Dave

Yeah, but reel mode are not dated, right?  I like the filenames from the Edirol R4, sortable, with embedded date.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline homer420

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:11 AM »
Yeah, but reel mode are not dated, right?  I like the filenames from the Edirol R4, sortable, with embedded date.

I got:

17012008_001.wav
17012008_002.wav

And the _nnn resets w/ a format of the cf card .....

~Dave

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2008, 07:30:13 AM »
Anyone here that's running the fr2le busman-tmod that also ran the busman-modded ua5?

Are there already posts about this subject?  Is it fair to compare?

Thanks!
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »
Anyone here that's running the fr2le busman-tmod that also ran the busman-modded ua5?

Are there already posts about this subject?  Is it fair to compare?

Thanks!
i don't do it
but busman told me the fr2le is an upgrade compaired to the ua5
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #305 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
OK, I've got some questions too:

- how can I tell elapsed time of the recording?  It just shows the time started I think.

Thanks!
  Richard

Richard

You can make it display the elapsed time & name the files based upon the date of the recording - like homer420 referenced (17012008_001.wav, 17012008_002.wav, etc.).  It's all in the menu seetings.  Unfortunately, I can't get the online owners manual to open at the moment, and I don't have a hard copy handy.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline homer420

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #306 on: January 17, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »
You can make it display the elapsed time & name the files based upon the date of the recording - like homer420 referenced (17012008_001.wav, 17012008_002.wav, etc.).  It's all in the menu seetings.  Unfortunately, I can't get the online owners manual to open at the moment, and I don't have a hard copy handy.

It's too bad they didn't use a yyyymmdd convention for this.  ddmmyyyy will only cause problems when the month changes, but it'd be nice .......  /me wonders if Fostex accepts requests for enhancements    :)

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #307 on: January 17, 2008, 11:38:56 AM »
It's too bad they didn't use a yyyymmdd convention for this.  ddmmyyyy will only cause

ISO date standard is: yyyymmdd
US date standard is: ddmmyyyy
Japan date standard is: ddmmyyyy

guess which they used? ;)

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #308 on: January 17, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »

It's too bad they didn't use a yyyymmdd convention for this.  ddmmyyyy will only cause problems when the month changes, but it'd be nice .......  /me wonders if Fostex accepts requests for enhancements    :)

Didn't Fostex change the action of the front panel meters to be selectable based on user request? Perhaps if enough folks request a selectable date format it will be released in a future firmware upgrade.

Offline homer420

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #309 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »

Didn't Fostex change the action of the front panel meters to be selectable based on user request? Perhaps if enough folks request a selectable date format it will be released in a future firmware upgrade.

Certainly can't hurt to ask.  I just posted a RFE to the forums:

http://www.fostexusa.com/mercuryboard/index.php?a=topic&t=4009

Any other avenues we could try to send the request?

~Dave

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #310 on: January 17, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »
Perhaps posting the same request to the form in the "contact us" link on Fostex's website would also be a good place to make the request for a selectable date format option.

Offline homer420

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #311 on: January 17, 2008, 04:54:43 PM »
Perhaps posting the same request to the form in the "contact us" link on Fostex's website would also be a good place to make the request for a selectable date format option.

done  8)

Offline Gizby

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2008, 10:04:53 PM »
What all is included in the Busman T-mod? Does it do seamless splits? And how does a stock unit sound? I'm mighty tempted to strip down my rig a little bit, sell off my Korg and get the FR-2LE. I'd like my unit to run double duty as both a taping machine as well as location sound (film/video shoots, ambience, sound effect, crap like that). I figure the FR-2LE would be a little more compatible with both those goals.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:07:43 PM by Gizby »
Mics: DSP mod Oktava MK012s, CAD E100S (2), Studio Projects C4s, SP-CMC-2, Polsen OLM-20
Preamps/BB: Sound Devices MixPre, SP-SPSB-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Tascam DR‑05
Video: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4

Team SoCal

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »
What all is included in the Busman T-mod? Does it do seamless splits? And how does a stock unit sound? I'm mighty tempted to strip down my rig a little bit, sell off my Korg and get the FR-2LE. I'd like my unit to run double duty as both a taping machine as well as location sound (film/video shoots, ambience, sound effect, crap like that). I figure the FR-2LE would be a little more compatible with both those goals.
Stock unit sounds pretty good.  Very low noise, great for ambient and/or acoustic recording for sure.
Sound is pretty good too.
For ambient recording, I recommend mods though, for ultimate transparency.

Richard
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »

no seamless splits. set it to split at 4gb and never hit it. :)
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com