Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade Customer service comes through!  (Read 2015 times)

Offline bodegahwy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Oade Customer service comes through!
« on: January 16, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »
I posted the message below over the weekend.  Thanks to everybody that chimed in with helpful ideas.  I wanted to come back here and edit the headline and the message to make sure everyone knows that Doug was right on top of responding to my emails from the weekend when he got back in the shop today.

He even went out of his way to propose a fair solution in the event the battery ends up problematic.  Right now it it appears that everything is working.

So,  thanks to Doug and to those who responded.

Steve

I am not having much luck with getting this battery re-charged.  I don't know what I could be missing...  ran the charge down, plugged it in, left it for about 6 hours.  The indicator lights just light up the red one when I push the button.  What am I missing?  Sure would be nice if there was some documentation included with this thing!  It is fully charged when just the red comes on?  Is is possible mine is defective?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 05:36:03 PM by bodegahwy »
Martin Guitars, Moots Bikes, Scott Fly Rods and BD tele skis.  Music in the Mountains.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: Oade Battery Pack for UA-5 help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »
Are you plugged into the "IN" or "OUT"??? Simple, I know, but it's best to start there. To charge you need to be plugged into the "IN"
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Tall Adam

• The Artist Formerly Known as GQJSP
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 12:51:38 PM »
I am not having much luck with getting this battery re-charged.  I don't know what I could be missing...  ran the charge down, plugged it in, left it for about 6 hours.  The indicator lights just light up the red one when I push the button.  What am I missing?  Sure would be nice if there was some documentation included with this thing!  It is fully charged when just the red comes on?  Is is possible mine is defective?

assuming this is the same as the walmart, it should be fully charged when the light goes green. while plugged in if you push the status button it should go 4 green and an orangish one. my first one had defective LEDs though, sat for 12+ hours and never went to green...if thats the case, call oade and tell them your lights are busted and you need a new one

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 01:44:50 PM »
Thansk for the ideas,

I have the in and out thing straight.  When the battery arrived it had a partial charge on it...  red plus two of the three green.  I ran the charge down to zero using the UA-5 to convert some tapes and put the battery on the charger last night.  It has been there for hours, all I get is the red light when I push the button, but since the green ones worked yesterday I assume they are good.

If I connect it to the UA-5 (I thought maybe the reading was wrong too) the red light goes out and the power indicator on the UA-5 starts bright and fades quickly.

Have the other batteries from Oade come with a charge on them?  Maybe this one was used?
Martin Guitars, Moots Bikes, Scott Fly Rods and BD tele skis.  Music in the Mountains.

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 02:54:32 PM »
Thanks again for the ideas,

Polarity would not seem to be an issue as there is no difference between the plug bayonettes.  Since the thing puts out DC current would that even be an issue?

There is no in-line fuse.  (I can connect the charger to the battery and the battery to the UA-5 and draw current so I think all the connections are working and the wire is good)

Yes I have disconnected and tried again.

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »
Might be working now...  got up to two greens..  can these things get "stuck"?

hexyjones

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »
Polarity would not seem to be an issue as there is no difference between the plug bayonettes.  Since the thing puts out DC current would that even be an issue?

That might be it...yes polarity is an issue...Dc has a + and - ...take a close look at the plugs - sometimes the polarity mark can be small...

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 05:16:16 PM »
Just so others know, the battery that has been shipping with the UA-5 from Oade is an energizer model.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline bodegahwy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 05:27:44 PM »
Sorry,  I was thinking about phase.  Yes the polarity on the mini plug is + in the center and - on the outside like most... the adaptor is a tiny 500 mA output though.  Makes me wonder if it can charge the battery all the way.

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 01:54:40 AM »
Thansk for the ideas,

I have the in and out thing straight.  When the battery arrived it had a partial charge on it...  red plus two of the three green.  I ran the charge down to zero using the UA-5 to convert some tapes and put the battery on the charger last night.  It has been there for hours, all I get is the red light when I push the button, but since the green ones worked yesterday I assume they are good.

If I connect it to the UA-5 (I thought maybe the reading was wrong too) the red light goes out and the power indicator on the UA-5 starts bright and fades quickly.

Have the other batteries from Oade come with a charge on them?  Maybe this one was used?

i am assuming this discussion is about the 12v NiMH battery which came with the UA-5 from oade. when i first received this battery i had 2 green lights and the red one on. i brought it to a show and it died halfway through (which i basically expected). i have been charging this battery for about eight hours now, and it hasn't moved from the red light. the battery doesn't feel warm, which i sort of expected from charging. is this what others have experienced? is there reason to be concerned? i plan on letting the battery sit on the charger overnight, but if it doesn't show any progress of charging, i will call oade in the morning. thanks to anyone who can help...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com