Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Good Recorder And Mic  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Bocephusfan07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Good Recorder And Mic
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:53:03 PM »
I am brand new into recording and never have done it before except once with a microcassette recorder which that was a disaster and the sound was awful. Could anyone suggest me a good recorder and mic to use for concerts. The sound doesn't have to be excellent but atleast good enough where you can hear the artist and band. There can be some crowd interference as long as I can hear the artist and band pretty good. I am looking to spend $50.00 or so for one. I also want the recorder to be somewhat small enough to possibily just fit into my pocket. So if anyone can give me suggestions of what I need to get that would be awesome. I am also an eBay person so any suggestions on where I could get one on there would be appreciated also. Thanks Alot and I hope some of ya'll can help me out.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Good Recorder And Mic
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 04:59:07 PM »
Is your budget $50 total, or $50 for just the mics, or $50 for just the recorder?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

dorrcoq

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 09:17:50 PM »
Christ, most shows $50 won't even get you in the door ;D

Offline Bocephusfan07

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »
$50.00 for mic and recorder. I mean I'm completely new at this what type of recorder would I even need to get and mic. Is there a certain brand or a certain type. I know cassette recorder won't work what seriously gets the job done and how much do they go for. And the begginers guide really didn't help me out to much.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
I am brand new into recording and never have done it before except once with a microcassette recorder which that was a disaster and the sound was awful. Could anyone suggest me a good recorder and mic to use for concerts. The sound doesn't have to be excellent but atleast good enough where you can hear the artist and band. There can be some crowd interference as long as I can hear the artist and band pretty good. I am looking to spend $50.00 or so for one. I also want the recorder to be somewhat small enough to possibily just fit into my pocket. So if anyone can give me suggestions of what I need to get that would be awesome. I am also an eBay person so any suggestions on where I could get one on there would be appreciated also. Thanks Alot and I hope some of ya'll can help me out.

Here is a cheap set of mics I dont know how good they are but for $20.00! you get what you pay for..
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEREO-Y-MICROPHONE-PANASONIC-MICS-REC-LIVE-CONCERTS_W0QQitemZ110127331725QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a good recorder..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-MD-Minidisc-MZ-R70-Player-Recorder-Not-ipod-zune_W0QQitemZ270120888383QQihZ017QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You then need a battery box here is a very cheap one

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-ELECTRET-MICROPHONES_W0QQitemZ110119176568QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can then go line in to your recorder and record a concert. But again who knows what these mics sound like. Remember you get what you pay for...

Chris

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline jonohull

• Taperssection Member
  • 12/10/07...
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:13 PM »

Here is a cheap set of mics I dont know how good they are but for $20.00! you get what you pay for..
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEREO-Y-MICROPHONE-PANASONIC-MICS-REC-LIVE-CONCERTS_W0QQitemZ110127331725QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is a good recorder..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-MD-Minidisc-MZ-R70-Player-Recorder-Not-ipod-zune_W0QQitemZ270120888383QQihZ017QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You then need a battery box here is a very cheap one

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHANTOM-POWER-SUPPLY-FOR-ELECTRET-MICROPHONES_W0QQitemZ110119176568QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15056QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can then go line in to your recorder and record a concert. But again who knows what these mics sound like. Remember you get what you pay for...

Chris

I bought those mics for some reason :-[, probably because I was low on cash also. They actually sounded pretty good for how cheap they are. They're probably going to be the best for what you want to spend.

Offline Bocephusfan07

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:52 PM »
How big are those mini disc recorders they look kind of big in the pics anyone tell me actually how big they are ?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »
How big are those mini disc recorders they look kind of big in the pics anyone tell me actually how big they are ?

They are about 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches x 1 inch or less.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

stevetoney

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:39 AM »
MD is the smallest recording device that I know of, although I guess there are some flash recorders out now that might be even smaller but wouldn't fit your budget.  They easily fit into your pants or shirt pocket with room to put in a pack of cigs, keys, change, pocket knife, boogers or whatever else you want to pack into your pockets.

Offline Bocephusfan07

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 04:00:11 PM »
Is there anyway to get the microphones you have without the PHANTOM POWER SUPPLY FOR ELECTRET MICROPHONES and wouldn't the microphone just run off a double a battery or something like that instead of needing a charger for it.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
Is there anyway to get the microphones you have without the PHANTOM POWER SUPPLY FOR ELECTRET MICROPHONES and wouldn't the microphone just run off a double a battery or something like that instead of needing a charger for it.
you don´t need a battery box BUT then you NEED to use mic-in instead of line-in(+bbox) with an INSENSITIVE mic like the sony ecm-719....i have been using this mic for several years with my MD recorders mic-in with mic-sens set to LOW.

u can also record loud amplified rock shows with this mic on mic-in and low sens.

with high quality mics like the sennheiser mke-2 omnidirectional you can´t use mic in for really loud amplified shows. I tested them in a t.m. stevens funk-metal show last week and the preamp distorted. this mic is too sensitive but also too expensive for you.

1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Alchemy

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 10:50:23 PM »

I am almost positive that the linked auction is incorrect in it's use of the term "phantom power". If phantom power is really coming out of that tiny box with the 1/8th jack, I'm King Kong.  :P

I may be wrong though.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.097 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com