Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: pointing my mic to...  (Read 1737 times)

Offline shotyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
pointing my mic to...
« on: April 17, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
I got a bit of a crappy seats for the show I'm going to record...should I mount it on my hat and point it upwards? and if close, which way should I point the mic.  Also, I am getting CA-11, should I cover the holes on the side with the windscreen? ??? ???

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: pointing my mic to...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »
Also, I am getting CA-11, should I cover the holes on the side with the windscreen? ??? ???

This part I can answer - yes, the windscreen should cover the holes on the side.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »
I got a bit of a crappy seats for the show I'm going to record...should I mount it on my hat and point it upwards? and if close, which way should I point the mic.  Also, I am getting CA-11, should I cover the holes on the side with the windscreen? ??? ???

For the best results with any cardioid point it at the source :) Not up in the air. With omnidirectional mics you can get away with that but not cardioids. I would suggest trying to aim for the sound source your trying to record if its a concert you should point to the left and right stack on say a 15-25 degree angle but again this will depend on how close you are to the front row if you have crappy seats you will want to reduce the angle to say 10-15 degrees.

Chris

I hope this helps.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline shotyd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
Thank you for the reply!! very helpful!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com