Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in remastering a Megadeth show?  (Read 1412 times)

Offline EJochen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I recorded Megadeth at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee, May 7. I got the whole show, however, as a result of me constantly getting crushed, the recording didn't turn out very well, at all, not that my recordings usually do, but this is really bad. Also, I don't have the means to remaster stuff, so I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind attempting to remaster my source. I'm not sure what I can offer, that can be worked out. But if anyone is interested, please let me know, it would be very appreciated. Here's the link to the show if you want to hear it...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PBJO923D

I'm not sure if much can be done to save it, but then again, there's lots of great technology out there, so I could be wrong. But thank you for considering it and it would be very much appreciated.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
Re: Would anyone be interested in remastering a Megadeth show?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »
Is that the actual master?  If so, then the first suggestion is to start recording in a better quality (16bit wav, at least).  It's never gonna get but so good in 64kbps WMA.

Not much that can be done here, as your main problem was location.  The sound is all over the place due to constant movement.  Pick a better location next time.  I'd just chalk this one up to experience (we've all done it at one point...or more).

EDIT TO ADD:  It also sounds as if you could have benefited by moving the mics higher.  So, if they weren't on your head somewhere, try that.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
Eagles ballroom? No hope. You should have left your gear in the car.  Jesus will need to miracle this.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline EJochen

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:54:24 PM »
Thanks, I figured that would have been the case. Oh well, the place was packed, so I'm sure another source or two will pop up.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com