Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee Box Owners (Come on In>>>)  (Read 4301 times)

Offline todd e

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ***Team Schoeps***
Apogee Box Owners (Come on In>>>)
« on: May 06, 2004, 11:49:48 AM »
Ok, so here's the deal.  We have a AD1000 in a protective wooden box and I am about to receive a AD500e, w/o the wooden box.  I have searched the archives and it seems like this is one of the better secrets within the taping community.  My question to you,

Where/How does one get another box like this?  I can probably take this old box to a custom cabinet maker or something, but I am thinking that someone has done this before and would know how to do it again.  

Here is the link that I found when searching for the box :
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=17429

It doesn't help much, unless my grandfather is still around making wooden furniture (which he couldn't do if he tried!).  

The other idea, is to see if anyone is sitting on an old ad1000 and it has kicked it!  If you have a dead ad1000 w/ the wooden box, please let me know!

If you don't know where to get them made, but do know someone with one, please let me know as well.  I'll do the leg work, I just don't know who to even talk to about this.  Thanks for reading all of this +T to anyone that even responds/helps! ;D

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
Re:Apogee Box Owners (Come on In>>>)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 12:31:39 PM »
I've searched all around. Kind of ironic that this is all I've found.

http://www.oade.com/cgi-bin/miva?Forum/showmsg.mv+message=14241
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 12:57:09 PM »
I know a guy who makes cabinets and the such, he actually made me a nice cd rack a while ago.

I could probably get him to make one or two fairly cheap, but he'd need an old one or some pretty exact dimensions, I dont think pictures would do the job.

Maybe you could talk tad into lending his out for a while Jeff.

It also seems to me that there was some serious talk about these on DigiPanic a while ago, I cant believe some of those guys havent chimed in about this...maybe i was just :smoking: and imagined it ;)
Team Bama--Duct tape Mafia

"RIGLESS"

1985 CJ-7 stretched on 38's

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 01:11:59 PM »
Tad has a very unusual but very nice box/case. Never seen one like it before. It's prefect for the 500 but I don't think it'll work with a 1k. Unless you put cheese & bread on both sides. Then it's also double's as an Oven :)

Rabhan if you pop in where did you get your ad1k box?
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline todd e

• ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 01:35:36 PM »
yeah, i've seen tad's and it is solid.  a bit bigger and more bulky than the one that i currently have.  i'll PM rabhan and see what he says too.  thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Swanny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Some shows...
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 01:43:03 PM »
Here's what I made for mine a couple years ago. Its a big hose clamp shaped into a square with nuts attached. Then I dipped the bolts and the clamp into that pliers handle plastic. You can unscrew the bolts for travel.
Schoeps MK5/8 > KC5 > CMC6> Oade M148/Aerco MP-2 > Mytek 24192 > Tascam dr-100 mkiii

Offline todd e

• ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 01:47:59 PM »
Here's what I made for mine a couple years ago. Its a big hose clamp shaped into a square with nuts attached. Then I dipped the bolts and the clamp into that pliers handle plastic. You can unscrew the bolts for travel.

that's a great idea.  esp for backpacking.  i am going for the box, for simple protection from any wear!  thanks for posting this, i'm definitely going to try this too.

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 01:48:20 PM »
I know a guy who makes cabinets and the such, he actually made me a nice cd rack a while ago.

I could probably get him to make one or two fairly cheap, but he'd need an old one or some pretty exact dimensions, I dont think pictures would do the job.

Maybe you could talk tad into lending his out for a while Jeff.

It also seems to me that there was some serious talk about these on DigiPanic a while ago, I cant believe some of those guys havent chimed in about this...maybe i was just :smoking: and imagined it ;)

yeah ben morrison was trying to wrangle up some folks who may be interested in him building them one, looks like natelsky fell victim
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Bubb Rubb

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 06:11:31 PM »
Titto...I'll take pictures of Ben's and post them.  He did a great job on it.  There is room for a fan at the bottom.  The box is great, hehe

-Hampton

Offline tadjblack

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 07:04:06 PM »
I'd be happy to measure the individual wooden peices and post when I get home or loan it out for cloning. The same box fit my ad1000 and my ad500.
Team Bama Alumni

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 10:44:59 AM »
Ok...I have talked to a friend who will build some boxes. He is a professional cabinet maker so these will be a high quality build.

I need to get a number of people who might be interested in a box, to see ho many need to be built and to determine a price...the more boxes, the lower the price.

WHo wants a box??  This is not binding, if you think you might want one...let me know and I'll get back with a price hopefully in a week or so.

bush

"RIGLESS"

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 11:04:41 AM »
I'm in.  Been wanting one for a while.  What are we looking at as far as shape/style?  Large holes in it for cooling?  Regardless, I need one.  Trying to keep this thing running as long as possible...

Thanks.

H
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »
The wooden boxes seem way too bulky to me. The box I made has worked great for my bag.

The picture is not too revealing but you get the idea....

Offline todd e

• ***Team Schoeps***
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2004, 11:24:06 AM »
bush - let's throw a poll together on open forum.  probably easiest way to gauge numbers.  

Offline bush

• "Taper Pimp"
  • Taperssection Member
  • Steppin to the beat
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2004, 11:35:37 AM »
bush - let's throw a poll together on open forum.  probably easiest way to gauge numbers.  

here's a link to the poll

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=19275

"RIGLESS"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com