Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 20mm Windscreens  (Read 2098 times)

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
20mm Windscreens
« on: August 06, 2004, 02:57:25 PM »
Guys/Gals, 

Looking to pick up some nice windscreens soon for my first outdoor recording.  I'm running the Studio Projects C4 mics and need to pick up some good windscreens before the Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Yonder Mountain String Band and Keller Williams show:
-
http://www.amphitheatreatregencypark.com/09032004.html
-
I did some seaching around the archives and found the following:
-
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=2459.0
-
Shure  (http://www.shure.com)
A81WS
Fit ~20mm diameter mics, which is most small condensor mics we use for field recording.  The mm diameter doesn't have to be exact, as long as its close they'll fit.  Great windscreens, and big mamas!  Probably the most effective for outdoors without spending an arm and a leg.  Outdoors, I've tried both the DPA UA0896 and Shure A81WS and found the Shure better (but more expensive).  ~$60/pair.
-
Anyone else have any suggestions before I make this purchase?  Thanks in advance for any input!

Todd
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re: 20mm Windscreens
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 03:03:17 PM »
shures or dpas would be your best bet, dpa's are cheaper
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 03:03:29 PM »
I have both, and they both fit my 21mm MGs pretty well.  That being said, i am guessing that unless there is a storm blowing in you wont need the shures at the cary show....but if a storm is coming in, the wind will come off the lake a bit.  I can offer up whichever set I am not using for that show as well, if you want to try them out (as I will be taping it as well)....just remind me and I can bring the extra set

Offline tfrench

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • My Music Trading List
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 03:11:55 PM »
Nick, thanks for the offer.  I would like to take you up on the offer.  Looking over them might help me make a purchase decision.  What time are you thinking of driving out there for the show?  I've never see a show or taped there so not sure where to set up at when I arrive. 
I'm a taper,one of the most well adapted and well prepared species known to exist on the planet,even the boy scouts ain't got shit on us....Mark S.

Recording Gear:
AKG 460b (ck63, ck1 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x) > FR2-LE (24/48)

ISO: AKG ck2x, CK22, CK2, CK3

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 03:17:24 PM »
wide open...no roof on the place at all....I am guessing since I have only stealthed there, that we can setup anywhere, so should be easy, as long as the venue is informed.  In terms of when I will get there..not sure yet...we can figure it out as we get closer....just drop me a line before and I will be sure to bring both pairs...

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 07:58:05 PM »
Josephson  sells a pair of 21mm wind screens......
$21 a piece.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 04:26:05 PM »
FYI, B & H Photo has the best deal I could find on the Shure's.  Got them for $29.95 each and $4.50 shipping.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 04:35:01 PM »
Thanks guys for taping tonight, especially you Todd - I'm going with your brother to tape Schooner and Jaafar - GO TEAM NC!!!

Yeah, tried to tape Sonic Youth last night, but my battery pack melted - I think I may have had a battery reversed - Oh, well - despite 2x chekcing everything, I still fucked up!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com