Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Archive/MP3 question.  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Archive/MP3 question.
« on: March 10, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »
Hey looked around but couldn't find the answer anywhere... I'm wondering if there is a way to have the shows that you uploaded to the archive before the days of Mp3s to convert to Mp3s? I emailed them maybe a year ago, and they  said there would be a way. But even if you change the derivative thing in the edit screen, it still doesn't convert them to MP3. Do you just have to re-upload?

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Archive/MP3 question.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »
Did you hit the "Derive" button in the item manager...?

(different than the checkbox...)

Offline ford prefect

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Archive/MP3 question.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »
Hey looked around but couldn't find the answer anywhere... I'm wondering if there is a way to have the shows that you uploaded to the archive before the days of Mp3s to convert to Mp3s? I emailed them maybe a year ago, and they  said there would be a way. But even if you change the derivative thing in the edit screen, it still doesn't convert them to MP3. Do you just have to re-upload?

Hi Swampy, go to the item, Edit it, and change your selection to allow the Lossy files.  Once that is done, wait about 30 seconds and then click on the link for "Item History" and you should see a task in there called "derive".

Here's a sample Task History for a show I did this for earlier this week.

http://www.archive.org/catalog.php?history=1&identifier=soulive2000-06-10.sbd.shnf

If you don't see the derive task.  Item Manager > Derive should do it.

PM me with questions,

-Brad

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com