Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO Omni Recommendations  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Dutchman1101

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
MBHO Omni Recommendations
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm buying some Omni's for my 603a's. I was wondering what you guys recommend. There are 2 different kinds. The tape that made me want to get the Omni's used the LK linear omni's. Id be using them outdoor and indoor. Any help would be much appreciated! I have checked out some recordings on the Archive and have been impressed with both. What do you guys think?

KA 100 DK - omni

omni pattern
features 6 dB peak at 8 - 9 kHz for more distant pickup
recommended for outdoor recordings if less directivity is desired

KA 100 LK - linear omni

A constant frequency response if the sound impinges frontally upon the capsule. This leads to a natural tonal response. With a non-axis impingement of sound upon the microphone, a decay of treble results. This effect is relevant when sound quotas come from other angles than 0°, for instance by reflections
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:04:54 PM by Dutchman1101 »

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: MBHO Omni Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:50:24 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm buying some Omni's for my 603a's. I was wondering what you guys recommend. There are 2 different kinds. The tape that made me want to get the Omni's used the LK linear omni's. Id be using them outdoor and indoor. Any help would be much appreciated! I have checked out some recordings on the Archive and have been impressed with both. What do you guys think?

KA 100 DK - omni

omni pattern
features 6 dB peak at 8 - 9 kHz for more distant pickup
recommended for outdoor recordings if less directivity is desired

KA 100 LK - linear omni

A constant frequency response if the sound impinges frontally upon the capsule. This leads to a natural tonal response. With a non-axis impingement of sound upon the microphone, a decay of treble results. This effect is relevant when sound quotas come from other angles than 0°, for instance by reflections

If your doing stage taping I would go with the Lk's, if your taping from a distance go with the DK's.  Remember though MBHO's are inherently bright to begin with, so a 6db peak around 8-9 k is going to be real bright.   just food for thought...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com