Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Schoeps MK41 vs MK41V

<< < (2/12) > >>

brad.bartels:
I see all the time here folks saying the 4Vs and 41Vs are much easier to run in a hat. I've always run 4s and 41s and I can't picture the advantage of the Vs in a hat either. If anyone can explain it (PM is fine), I would appreciate it as well. I doubt I'd change now since I have everything but I'd like to understand the advantage that the Vs offer.

MakersMarc:
PM me your emails, I took pics for someone last week, I'll send them to whoever wants them.

H₂O:
Personally I prefer the non-V caps

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: H₂O on January 26, 2017, 09:50:31 PM ---Personally I prefer the non-V caps

--- End quote ---

I agree with H20 about this! The NON-Vertical caps sound more natural to me, as well as not having the HF Bump that the 4V has. I just like the small, front address caps, which have a flat response in the mk4 & mk41 and I have no reason to upgrade to the V's, to my ears. I've always thought that the 41V sounded a little drier and has a TAD less lowend, even though the actual capsule is bigger in the V series. It's really just a matter of preference in the end. You'll be happy with ANY Schoeps mics that you buy, so you can't go wrong either way ;) They both sound fantastic! I'd listen to some tapes and see which you prefer. If you do a lot of hat work, the V-Series is definitely appealing! MUCH easier to run in a hat IMO! I only open tape these days, so I have no reason to switch things up personally right now!

daspyknows:

--- Quote from: brad.bartels on January 26, 2017, 04:34:20 PM ---I see all the time here folks saying the 4Vs and 41Vs are much easier to run in a hat. I've always run 4s and 41s and I can't picture the advantage of the Vs in a hat either. If anyone can explain it (PM is fine), I would appreciate it as well. I doubt I'd change now since I have everything but I'd like to understand the advantage that the Vs offer.

--- End quote ---

+1

It depends on the hat.  The way I wear mine the V's won't work as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version