Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: what are you using to stealth?  (Read 14638 times)

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
Re: what are you using to stealth?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2004, 08:31:50 AM »
M1290-HC>MIC 2496> JB3

The MIC 2496 has great LED level meters much easier to see and adjust from, than the JB's meter. Also supplies P48V.
Matt

Has you been running it on the 9v battery? Documentation says 1 9V can power 2 48v mics for 4+ hrs., is this accurate?

I can run 2 mics on P48V for 3 hours with just 2 AAs in my pre

Hmmm I am getting much better than that (but then again I set the levels, turn the meters off and just watch the NJB3 for levels...)  Have a set of rechargeables in it now with over 4 hrs on em and they are still going strong...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2004, 08:35:33 AM »
M1290-HC>MIC 2496> JB3

The MIC 2496 has great LED level meters much easier to see and adjust from, than the JB's meter. Also supplies P48V.
Matt

Has you been running it on the 9v battery? Documentation says 1 9V can power 2 48v mics for 4+ hrs., is this accurate?

Hmmm I am getting much better than that (but then again I set the levels, turn the meters off and just watch the NJB3 for levels...)  Have a set of rechargeables in it now with over 4 hrs on em and they are still going strong...

nice!  I'm not saying they won't go longer, just what I have needed to use and been fine with.  Gotta use the rechargeables though.

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2004, 08:47:47 AM »
M1290-HC>MIC 2496> JB3

Matt

nice!  I'm not saying they won't go longer, just what I have needed to use and been fine with.  Gotta use the rechargeables though.

Yup, as for the MIC 2496 having great meters, nothing beats the meters in a mixpre or mp2, they are even visible in direct sunlight...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2004, 09:50:56 AM »
can any one post some pics of their stealth rig?

Rapahel

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2004, 10:09:19 AM »

Try searching the Rig Pics forum for the keyword "stealth" and you'll find a bunch of pics.

i heard if you call grace they will walk you though on how to re-calibrate it to a 6V.

They have instructions posted on their website in the Support area.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline nexus6

• Taperssection Regular
  • 'Policemen?'
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »
Here is my current set up.  The only part I do not like is the Hosa XLR to stereo mini cable.  I am talking to JKLabs about getting the MPS6010 moded with a permanent pigtail mini (you can't see it, it is in the outside mesh pocket).  I use a block of foam between the modSBM and M1 to prevent them from having a frottage session.  The REI fanny is really thin, just under 2 inches thick when it is all zipped up....a bit bulkier with all the bits and pieces in there.  I can get it around my belly under a slightly baggy tee shirt and sneak it in, but I rarely have to do that.  WHen the Sonosax is added to the mix, I wear the modSBM and M1 in the SBM pleather case low near my abdomen....the Sax goes in the REI pack and I got wires going everywhich way between the two.

http://bt.etree.org/?search=dwonk&cat=0  for seeds from this rig!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 06:40:59 PM by tweak »

Offline kennedy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Lezzy 🔥👁👁🖊🍻😘😷😍😷
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2004, 07:02:21 PM »
nice stealth sack.....

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2004, 11:08:26 AM »
Stealthwise I'm running CS Binaurals>Battery Box>D100.

I'm on my 2nd pair of active cable mics, and have yet to attempt stealthing a show with them. I envy those folks that sneak in Schoeps, Sonosax, MME, and a deck...I can't imagine doing that. Hell, I was nervous enough just throwing a battery box into the mix.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Brian

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2004, 03:18:16 PM »

Try searching the Rig Pics forum for the keyword "stealth" and you'll find a bunch of pics.

i heard if you call grace they will walk you though on how to re-calibrate it to a 6V.

They have instructions posted on their website in the Support area.

just saw this brian, thanks! you da man :)

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2004, 04:56:36 AM »
Ran my new gear stealth for the first time last week (AT853rx>PS-2>AD-20>JB3).  Fairly high security situation (no bags allowed in the venue), which made life a bit tough.  Managed to get it all in though.  Quite happy with the way things turned out, though the JB3 is hard to read in low light and the AD-20 has no meters.  I guess practice will help me in that respect.

Any opinions on the difference in sound quality between the PS-2>AD-20 and the MP-2 w/o A/D converter?

I'll give it another go at the Peter Gabriel show tomorrow methinks.
AT853rx (c,sc,o)> Fostex FR2-LE (Busman T-Mod)

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2004, 05:37:17 AM »
sorry if it's a bit off topic, but I put an mp3 sample of what I taped online and would appreciate any constructive advice that you guys could offer.  Overall I'm quite happy with the result but I notice two things that I could improve:

-some noticeable  phasing
-some channel inbalance

I guess the phasing might be bacause the mics were on my shirt and maybe too low (I was in the 5th row)? Or maybe I was moving too much?
The channel inbalance is because I was too far stage right. I tried to fix it in Adobe Audition, but maybe could have done a bit more...

Any other advice?

you can download it here:  www.unitar.org/ccp/test.mp3

Thanks to all!

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2004, 10:46:06 AM »
Or maybe I was moving too much?

you cannot move at ALL when you stealth. the mics must remain stationary.

Offline Unitmonster

• Taperssection Member
  • taboot taboot
    • List
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2004, 10:55:48 AM »
you cannot move at ALL when you stealth. the mics must remain stationary.

It's kinda hard when you're packed into a sold-out venue with people pushing from every direction.  I guess I'm used to the omnis I was using before which were a bit more forgiving.

Offline setboy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2004, 02:18:03 PM »
sorry if it's a bit off topic, but I put an mp3 sample of what I taped online and would appreciate any constructive advice that you guys could offer.  Overall I'm quite happy with the result but I notice two things that I could improve:

-some noticeable  phasing
-some channel inbalance

I guess the phasing might be bacause the mics were on my shirt and maybe too low (I was in the 5th row)? Or maybe I was moving too much?
The channel inbalance is because I was too far stage right. I tried to fix it in Adobe Audition, but maybe could have done a bit more...

Any other advice?

you can download it here:  www.unitar.org/ccp/test.mp3

Thanks to all!

can can i get this show on cd?

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2004, 05:02:41 PM »

Any opinions on the difference in sound quality between the PS-2>AD-20 and the MP-2 w/o A/D converter?

the the AD-Tinny is, well, tinny.  And the MP-Bass is bassy

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com