Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mini-mp  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:mini-mp
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2003, 01:53:02 PM »
hey - the minime doesn't get hot, it just occasionally catches on fire.   ;D

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2003, 02:29:04 PM »
Anyone have a spatula?
This Grace unit needs a flippin! :bigsmile:

is this what your referring to 'nads?

;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »
WHOA! :) Anytime, Mike.
Yeah, 'nadsie, you sure it's hubris?

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2003, 02:05:54 PM »
I like "steely confidence", goes hand in hand with the metallic sound.  ;) Seriously, I love the top end. It is spectacular. Just don't like the sound otherwise. I am not forming an opinion from one show, but I sucked up every ounce of Mule hf distortion last week, which isn't the fault of the v3 but the 4022>v3 combo. A little warmth in the chain is critical. I would *kill* for a fully adjustable a/d only that isn't a sony. How 'bout a v4, Mike, ansr only?!  ;D

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2003, 04:11:13 PM »
>> sucked up every ounce of Mule hf distortion last week, which isn't the fault of the v3 but the 4022>v3 combo. <<

how do you know another box would have been so different?  gotta run it a few times :)

maybe it was just the room and not the rig...

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2003, 04:20:57 PM »
>> sucked up every ounce of Mule hf distortion last week, which isn't the fault of the v3 but the 4022>v3 combo. <<

how do you know another box would have been so different?  gotta run it a few times :)

maybe it was just the room and not the rig...

all this complaing and no one has brought up the user... user error has got to come into effect at some point  :afro:

marc0789

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2003, 04:21:09 PM »
decent room, but there was definitely a lot of hf distortion to my ears, which seems to happen a lot for the Mule. Scott, I've loved every show I've taped until this one, the high end is spectacular. The two del/los shows I taped are just stunning in their high end detail. Trying not to make a rash decision. Plenty more shows in November and December. I do miss that warm blanket that transformers bring, and that the transformers can mask that hf distortion a bit, but I also know that will cut into the high end of the 4022's, which is really their calling card.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2003, 04:37:03 PM »
Is it time for a poll?

marc0789

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2003, 04:46:09 PM »
Boswell, no need to be a smartass. The show was at the Pantages in Minny, which for a vaudeville theatre sounds surprisingly good. They stuck everyone on the floor in the LAST row though. I weaseled up to the balcony and clamped onto the balcony dfc about 35' from stage after being told not to. Same venue I got the heave-ho from at MMW in April. Same security too. Unfortunately, I think there were some PA issues, up front on the floor and actually further back in the balcony had less HF issues than where I was, which I realized way too late to do a thing about it. What I'm sayin' is that after taping maybe 20 Mule shows, and dealing with similar HF issues most every time, transformers can mask hf distortion to some degree. We can all agree the V3 doesn't mask anything. So no, I don't think there was user error.

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • beep boop
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2003, 04:56:49 PM »
I have no problem with their designs whatsoever.  I have never flipped anything by mistajke, and running upright is fine as well.  

Daryan-
I'm talking about the little metal toggle switches for the Hi-Pass/Phantom/Phase shift. There aren't any of those on the Minime.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

DaryanLenz

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2003, 06:05:32 PM »
I stand corrected!
I guess I should carefully look at pictures before I run my mouth! :P

D

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2003, 06:20:04 PM »
I have no problem with their designs whatsoever.  I have never flipped anything by mistajke, and running upright is fine as well.  

Daryan-
I'm talking about the little metal toggle switches for the Hi-Pass/Phantom/Phase shift. There aren't any of those on the Minime.

Its the mics that are pulling that sound, not the V3, its seems that the same comon denominator here is the mics. No matter what gear you use behind it you aren't happy, so try using different mics, that is the only way to truely change your sound.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

marc0789

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2003, 09:44:16 AM »
If it was just the mics that pull the sound, everyone would run just phantom, and Doug wouldn't have built his m148 to accentuate the low end, or as he says, and I paraphrase, "nothing like it to bring out the Phil bombs". I loved my 4022>eaa>adk, never once a bitch about the sound, just trouble with the units themselves. A $200 trip to France for the eaa, sketchy battery cage, and we all know about the adk. My mistake to give it up to try something new. Liked mbho 603/200>mp2>adk better too. Gonna try to come up with an m148 and run 4022>m148>hhb for awhile, hell for $3,600 new or whatever it was, the hhb a/d ought to be good. Glad I can entertain you all.  8)

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2003, 09:49:49 AM »
Marc-
That is a great idea.  I have been wanting to hear some 4022's with a 148!

Chris Pennington run 483>hhb at every Drive-by Truckers show and his tapes would really surprise you...  The pdr1000 is by no means a slouch.  

DaryanLenz

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2003, 09:55:05 AM »
Why not 4022->m148->mme.  I bet it would smoke!

D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com