Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What I've been up to...  (Read 12508 times)

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
What I've been up to...
« on: September 14, 2004, 07:25:06 PM »
Having sold the rig for a camera setup here are a couple of pics.  I got a Nikon D70 with the kit lens (18-70mm f3.5-5.6 ED) and a Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro.  Need more glass (this is a lot like taping!)  ;D

Glad I sold the rig and got a new camera rig....I'm getting so much more use and enjoyment out of the change!  ;D
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
Re: What I've been up to...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 05:53:10 AM »
those are really nice.  seriuosly.  the one of the rocks in the water...awesome!

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline BCostigan

• GranitePhotography
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 06:48:23 AM »
Thanks  ;D
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 07:04:34 AM »
VERY nice Brian!

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 09:59:18 AM »
I was thinking that if your eye is as sharp as your ear, your new "tapes" would be really nice... 

And they are!  Great photos!  Keep up the good work.  I use nature shots as backgrounds on my PC all the time, I'm stealing a couple of yours up top!

Good thing about photos, you can sell them to help your hobby...  Can't sell CDRs...

+T on the new rig...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:15:44 PM »
beautiful!

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 04:34:40 PM »
Great shots, there!  +T

If you haven't already, get a subscription to Outdoor Photographer.  Probably the best photo magazine I ever subscribed to, and the new subscriber rate is ridiculously low.  And yes, taking pictures is way more creative and relaxing than taping shows will ever be.  Displaying your photos is just harder, and more expensive, than popping a CD in the player.
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline BCostigan

• GranitePhotography
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 04:47:28 PM »
Thanks guys and +T to you all.   :)   I needed a creative outlet of some sort and taping was not it.  I run my new "rig" almost daily.  ;D

Terry...if you or anyone else would like high resolution copies just PM me. 

dannyboy

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 07:14:32 PM »
hey bob,
pictures look great.  i was wondering what mode are you shooting in?  raw, jpeg fine or what?  how much post processing did you do?  where did you buy your camera?  looks like i'll be buying a d70 real soon.  just sold my f100/mb-15/sb-28 part of my camera rig.  i still have the 35-70mm and 180mm lens.  i think i have enough to buy the kit.  i really like your wide angle shot of the rocks in the water.  look for some pics from me in the next week or so. 

bill

Offline BCostigan

• GranitePhotography
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 08:33:40 PM »
hey bob,
pictures look great.  i was wondering what mode are you shooting in?  raw, jpeg fine or what?  how much post processing did you do?  where did you buy your camera?  looks like i'll be buying a d70 real soon.  just sold my f100/mb-15/sb-28 part of my camera rig.  i still have the 35-70mm and 180mm lens.  i think i have enough to buy the kit.  i really like your wide angle shot of the rocks in the water.  look for some pics from me in the next week or so. 

bill

I'm Brian  :)

Always shoot in RAW (at least so far).  Processing...not much...at least I don't think so. :)

So far I love the D70.  I can do what I remember doing with my old film SLR 10 years ago and a LOT more!

I really like the kit lens for landscapes.  If ya can afford it get it! ;D

dannyboy

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 11:09:48 PM »
hey bob,

bill

Always shoot in RAW (at least so far).  Processing...not much...at least I don't think so. :)

So far I love the D70.  I can do what I remember doing with my old film SLR 10 years ago and a LOT more!

i'm very sorry, brian.  why would i think you're name is bob??  as for old flim slr.  you don't pay for bad shots with digital.  my main gripe with film is that have to pay for bad shots.  with digital, delete the bad ones and process the good ones.

sorry again brian.  that b for some reason made me think of bob :)

bill

Offline BCostigan

• GranitePhotography
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2004, 05:01:27 PM »
hey bob,

bill

i'm very sorry, brian.  why would i think you're name is bob??  as for old flim slr.  you don't pay for bad shots with digital.  my main gripe with film is that have to pay for bad shots.  with digital, delete the bad ones and process the good ones.

sorry again brian.  that b for some reason made me think of bob :)

bill

No problem at all on the bob thing.  :)

I agree on digi vs film.  If I was shooting film I wouldn't take a 1/10th of the pics I do now.  I often take up to a dozen shots of the same "picture" so that I'll have the image I want in the end.  I usually bracket at 3 different f stops....something I would never do with film.

As for deleteing the "bad" ones..............I've taken about 2000 pics in the last month......and maybe 30-40 are keepers with maybe 6 I'd consider hanging on a wall.  :P

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 01:10:02 AM »
nice pics brian! +T!  i just bought a canon 300d from damon.  just got it today and haven't got a chance to use it yet, but those pics got me itchin to try it out :)
save

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2004, 12:11:18 AM »
that's a wicked scarp slope in the 2nd and 3rd shots... where is that?
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline BCostigan

• GranitePhotography
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »
that's a wicked scarp slope in the 2nd and 3rd shots... where is that?

It the Canon Cliffs, Canon Mountain, Franconia Notch, NH. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com