Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Forge Tips and Tricks (add your own)  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Sound Forge Tips and Tricks (add your own)
« on: November 02, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »
Well I'm working on a recording I made last week (Badly Drawn Boy in Boulder), and the left channel had a million clicks and pops. Only audible during the quite parts and while the artist was chatting.

So I originally thought that I would have to pencil tool all the clicks out (which I would have given up on). Instead I took a peek around and discovered this little tip for you. It is handy for fixing a bumped mic too (something that has happened in the past to me).

This is what I did to make things a bit easier on me. Since you couldn't hear the clicks during the music I figured it wouldn't be a great loss if I pasted the right channel over the left when things got "clicky." I thought I would have to to this manually which would be a bitch because it's tough to paste in the exact same place.

So if you want to repair a similar problem do this:

1. Highlight the section you want to replace (just the channel with the problem)
2. Choose: Tools > Repair > Copy Other Channel.

Shazam! It automatically pastes the other channel on top of the area you selected. Very easy. Not something you'd use everyday, but a nice little tidbit in case you're in a jam.

So I'd love to hear any other tips you might have. Hopefully mine isn't too lame.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Sound Forge Tips and Tricks (add your own)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 03:17:27 PM »
I have a tape that's got a bug zapping noise mainly in the right channel every couple of minutes. The Pour House in Raleigh has this machine that I call the smoke eater. It completely ruined the tape for me. I think I'm gonna try this.Thanks for the tip.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 03:19:56 PM »
I have a tape that's got a bug zapping noise mainly in the right channel every couple of minutes. The Pour House in Raleigh has this machine that I call the smoke eater. It completely ruined the tape for me. I think I'm gonna try this.Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, the smokeeter...  I love that thing...  I love all the pops on my right side on my latest JMP tape...  I've asked Eric to turn it off before, but its on the same circuit as the "open" sign...

It's funny though, there is one upstairs right above a pool table...  Its funny seeing people jump or freak out when the thing starts to pop!

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 11:06:22 PM »
I've done this to fix dropouts.  It works but it's wierd when your playing it back months later and the sound suddenly goes mono for a brief period. 
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com