Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lost JB3 > Mac file transfer capability after upgrade to iTunes 4.7.1  (Read 1528 times)

Offline tangerineman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi there,

Hope this is the right forum for this and hope it hasn't already been covered (I had a quick look).

I record with a Nomad JB3 and am running OS 10.2.8 on an 800 MHz G4 PowerBook. Have the Nomad plug-in for iTuneshttp://files.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/Others/7360/NOMADInstaller1.0.1.dmg, which AFAIK is the only method for Xferring files from the JB3 to the Mac (the player displays as "My Jukebox" and you simply drag and drop the recorded file from iTunes onto your desktop).

This solution had been working fine for me for a few months now--the only (very minor) drawbacks being that Firewire transfers are not possible (only USB), and that the file transfer progress bar in iTunes doesn't display the true progress of the xfer. No biggie; I just wait until the black apple icon displays instead of the progress bar, and I know the file has been completely copied.

OK, now to the problem. Yesterday, after returning from a week's vacation, like an idiot I ran a Software Update but forgot to uncheck   the iTunes v. 4.7.1 upgrade. Result: in iTunes 4.7.1, the JB3 still displays as "My Jukebox" in iTunes, but files can no longer be dragged/dropped.

For now, I've xferred the files I really want to work on today to my desktop Mac (an older G3 iMac, to which I just added the Nomad for iTunes plug-in--thankfully STILL available from the Creative download site!), but would really like to restore transfer capability on the PowerBook--it's a faster machine, for one thing.

I've spent some time trying to figure out how to roll back iTunes to the version that worked for me (4.7), but it's not looking good. I thought of trashing 4.7.1 and re-installing 4.7, but Versiontracker sends me to Apple.com's DL page, where only the current iTunes (4.7.1) seems to be available.

Before anyone asks, I do have a Windows box as well, but I have separate issues with it and the JB3 (computer has never been able to recognize player with either Creative's software or Notmad Explorer).

All suggestions welcome.

And if anybody else has been using a similar Mac setup and has been wondering about upgrading their iTunes. . . don't.

--TangerineMan
Open: Nak300s > AD-20 > optical > njb3
Stealth: SP-CMC4s > SPSB-6 > njb3

Offline tangerineman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help! Lost capability to transfer from JB3 > Mac after iTunes upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 01:37:37 PM »
Hi,

Also posted this under "Computer Recording," but I see a lot of JB3-related talk here, so I hope this cross-post is acceptable.

My question has more to do with transferring than recording, however.

I record with a Nomad JB3 and am running OS 10.2.8 on an 800 MHz G4 PowerBook. Have the Nomad plug-in for iTuneshttp://files.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/Others/7360/NOMADInstaller1.0.1.dmg, which AFAIK is the only method for Xferring files from the JB3 to the Mac (the player displays as "My Jukebox" and you simply drag and drop the recorded file from iTunes onto your desktop).

This solution had been working fine for me for a few months now--the only (very minor) drawbacks being that Firewire transfers are not possible (only USB), and that the file transfer progress bar in iTunes doesn't display the true progress of the xfer. No biggie; I just wait until the black apple icon displays instead of the progress bar, and I know the file has been completely copied.

OK, now to the problem. Yesterday, after returning from a week's vacation, like an idiot I ran a Software Update but forgot to uncheck   the iTunes v. 4.7.1 upgrade. Result: in iTunes 4.7.1, the JB3 still displays as "My Jukebox" in iTunes, but files can no longer be dragged/dropped.

For now, I've xferred the files I really want to work on today to my desktop Mac (an older G3 iMac, to which I just added the Nomad for iTunes plug-in--thankfully STILL available from the Creative download site!), but would really like to restore transfer capability on the PowerBook--it's a faster machine, for one thing.

I've spent some time trying to figure out how to roll back iTunes to the version that worked for me (4.7), but it's not looking good. I thought of trashing 4.7.1 and re-installing 4.7, but Versiontracker sends me to Apple.com's DL page, where only the current iTunes (4.7.1) seems to be available.

Before anyone asks, I do have a Windows box as well, but I have separate issues with it and the JB3 (computer has never been able to recognize player with either Creative's software or Notmad Explorer).

All suggestions welcome.

And if anybody else has been using a similar Mac setup and has been wondering about upgrading their iTunes. . . don't.

--TangerineMan
Open: Nak300s > AD-20 > optical > njb3
Stealth: SP-CMC4s > SPSB-6 > njb3

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: Lost JB3 > Mac file transfer capability after upgrade to iTunes 4.7.1
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 07:49:49 PM »
i think there was a thread posted a while ago about the problems with iTunes 4.7.1 and the jb3 plug-in not working. it also seems party shuffle and ipod download also doesnt work with 4.7.1

i would suggest going back to 4.7 but you may need to delete prefs and reload the jb3 plug-in.

macupdate.com is still hosting version 4.7.0 at this page a little down under RELATED LINKS:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5661

good luck...update us with your results....i'm still on 4.6 and no real reason for me to upgrade at this point.
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com