Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom F3 Part 2

<< < (26/26)

unidentified:
I like putting the F3s in pockets  after I've engaged the hold buttons, but I have noticed with both of my F3s that the units will get pretty warm, if not hot, after an hour or two of use under those conditions. In these cases I am running small external batteries and am powering Line Audio CM3s. Not a big deal, but also not something I've noticed with any other small portable recorder.

breakonthru:

--- Quote from: fanofjam on March 19, 2024, 10:49:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: adrianf74 on March 18, 2024, 04:49:21 PM ---EDIT: Just pulled the trigger on the Amazon US deal.  Had hoped to find one second hand, however, at the price being the second lowest ATL on Amazon, it made sense to (especially when it was about US$100 cheaper after exchange than buying it locally).

Questions from before:

1. Assuming screen can be dimmed and backlight can be turned off, etc., is there away to turn the screen off as well to save battery time? 
2. Assuming it's gaffer tape over the red light and there's no way to turn it off in the settings.
3. What kind of run-times are people getting for 32/48 with +48V phantom power being on with either Eneloop Pros or Lithium Batteries?

Thanks all!

--- End quote ---

1) Screen actually can't be dimmed, but it can be turned on an off.  The screen contrast can be adjusted, but that isn't necessarily a dimming function.
2) The red light can't be turned off, so yeah it's tape if you're concerned about the shine.  But as other have said, carrying it in your pocket is the way to go.  I don't use the bluetooth dongel cause I don't particularly care about checking anything during the show other than to know I'm still rolling and batteries aren't dead.  I just hit record and hold, make sure it's recording and then never think about it again until I'm in the car after the show.
3) I'm pretty sure I saw someone report back earlier in this thread that they got 8 hours with lithium batteries AND phantom.  Seems like Eneloops were giving people long enough for an entire show...five plus hours.  I use a small external so can't tell you from my own experience, but if you want to know definitely, the answer for both battery types is definitely buried in this thread somewhere.

--- End quote ---
I’ve never seen NIMH do 5 hours, 4 is a stretch. I wouldn’t be comfortable doing a 2 set show on 2 batteries

Duncan:
Hi
Just got an F3 can someone help me with phantom power for my Schopes CCM5s and DPA 4061s
Should I use line (+48v) or Mic (+48) or does it not matter
Also can anyone recommend a good smallish external power block that will give me 10 hours+ power?
cheers
Duncan

breakonthru:

--- Quote from: Duncan on April 16, 2024, 11:38:58 AM ---Hi
Just got an F3 can someone help me with phantom power for my Schopes CCM5s and DPA 4061s
Also can anyone recommend a good smallish external power block that will give me 10 hours+ power?
cheers
Duncan

--- End quote ---
mic in is what you want. line in will pad the input and raise noise floor by 20 dB

any of the common (smaller than a phone) 5000-7000 mAh batteries will run for longer than a show and you can use the internals as backup to get 2-7 hours depending on the cells you select.

a 10000 mah battery is a little bigger but should run it all day. the ccm5s are prob gonna use more power than the 4061s

Duncan:

--- Quote from: breakonthru on April 16, 2024, 11:45:53 AM ---
--- Quote from: Duncan on April 16, 2024, 11:38:58 AM ---Hi
cheers
Duncan

--- End quote ---
mic in is what you want. line in will pad the input and raise noise floor by 20 dB

any of the common (smaller than a phone) 5000-7000 mAh batteries will run for longer than a show and you can use the internals as backup to get 2-7 hours depending on the cells you select.

a 10000 mah battery is a little bigger but should run it all day. the ccm5s are prob gonna use more power than the 4061s

--- End quote ---

Thanks very much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version