Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon Camcorder repair  (Read 2139 times)

Offline mozmoz8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Canon Camcorder repair
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:13:38 AM »
Hi
My canon HV10 camcorder is having problems. When I open the cassette door, the tape compartment doesn't pop out so my tape is still inside my camcorder. Usually when I open the door the compartment automatically comes out so you can take out the tape.

It's pass the warranty now and I want some advise how to get it fixed. Shall I go to my local electric repair store and get it fixed or shall I send it to Canon? My local store charges a fee for an estimate and an extra fee on top for fixing it. So it might be about $150 or so to get it fixed.

What would you do if you were in my situation? Anyone know if Canon does repairs and would the price be similar?

Thanks

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
Re: Canon Camcorder repair
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
You can send it to canon to get repaired.  I have sent a couple of items over the years.  Go to canonusa i think it is and look for the repair page.  there is a page you need to fill out--general information that you will print up and send with your camera.  I think for about 169.00 they will do a general diagnostic evaluation and repair.  Within your page that you will fill out online then print make sure you explain the issues you are experiencing.

Offline mozmoz8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
Hi Thanks for your advise!!! I will do that because getting it repaired by Canon might be more reliable than a local repair store and the price to repair it might be the same or near the same.

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »
You can send it to canon to get repaired.  I have sent a couple of items over the years.  Go to canonusa i think it is and look for the repair page.  there is a page you need to fill out--general information that you will print up and send with your camera.  I think for about 169.00 they will do a general diagnostic evaluation and repair.  Within your page that you will fill out online then print make sure you explain the issues you are experiencing.

Scott - I tried to get a videocam repaired locally in Tampa a few years ago and after riding all around town following a some leads I got from the phonebook, I finally gave up.  I literally could not find a place that did repairs - in a town with a population over one million.  I think one of the places was still operating, but after going to it three or four times during business hours - and finding a "we'll be back" sign in the window each time, I finally gave up.

I don't know if Tampa is just odd in that there are almost no shops that will do videocam repairs....or whether that's the norm for the US anymore.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:10:40 PM »
I cant get anything in Tampa, i usually have to travel to Orlando for things like MIcs and good vid stores.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com