Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-A10 acting up  (Read 1147 times)

Offline SIRMick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM-A10 acting up
« on: October 04, 2023, 04:36:56 AM »
I run AKG CK61s > nbob actives > babynbox.

I have a number of digital recorders all of which work as expected apart from the Sonys.  I have two Sony, one bought in Europe and the other from Japan.  In both cases I don't get an even signal to both channels, the left channel is stroner than the right.  AND the Japanese model is worse in this respect.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so did you manage to fix it?

Thanks

Offline vantheman

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Sony PCM-A10 acting up
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 06:55:22 AM »
I identified this issue and it’s discussed somewhere in the enormous Sony A10 thread. Long story short, it’s a known issue and some of us sent ours back under warranty a few years ago. They sent me a brand new one and it had the same issue. At that point I chose to just live with it, as for me it came down either that or not stealthing at all. I normalize in post and live with the minor difference in noise floor.
Line Audio CM4/OM1> Sound Devices MixPre6ii

Offline SIRMick

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sony PCM-A10 acting up
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 07:14:04 AM »
I identified this issue and it’s discussed somewhere in the enormous Sony A10 thread. Long story short, it’s a known issue and some of us sent ours back under warranty a few years ago. They sent me a brand new one and it had the same issue. At that point I chose to just live with it, as for me it came down either that or not stealthing at all. I normalize in post and live with the minor difference in noise floor.

That's a pity but I guess I will live with it too.

Thanks for the info.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com