Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new toy,s from Sony Nagra and Tascam  (Read 12173 times)

Offline BLOODYJACK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Bloodyjack
Re: new toy,s from Sony Nagra and Tascam
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 01:06:15 AM »
I think the design is great I just wished they had made the mics removable or no mics and xlr,s in and 48v and it would be a killer product.

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
Re: new toy from Sony
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 02:33:41 AM »
cool.
and the screen shows its doing 24/48.
:)
love the built in mics and VU meeters.
:(

Alll you'll need for the Sony is a 9' stand and an 8' ladder to read the meters.   :P

I wonder if they are considering making a unit more similar to thier previous DAT recorders?  (minus VU's and mics) It looks like it has LCD meters in addition to the VU meters.

+Thanks for sharing!

thats ppm meters not vu
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 03:54:25 AM »
how big/small are these?
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 10:56:23 AM »
I think the design is great I just wished they had made the mics removable or no mics and xlr,s in and 48v and it would be a killer product.

I agree no mics, 48v, keep the VU meters!  And I"d buy one.
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline lstelie

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: new toy from Sony
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 01:28:23 PM »
I'll bet that very soon we will see one of these in production minus the built in mics and the VU meters.  I didnt think Sony would withdraw from the portable prosumer DAT market and just leave the HD/Compact Flash/etc. wide open for the competition.  They have too much technology already designed and available from DAT that would be easily adaptable to the HD (similar to what I think we are seeing with the new Tascam unit).  I think it will be interesting to see this product develop.

I would add that Sony learned (I hope they did) form the iPod story that leaving the new commers alone is not a Good Thing (tm)

Offline Cyril

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 01:58:28 PM »
Here is the Sony release...

SONY INTRODUCES LINEAR PCM FIELD RECORDER AT AES

State-of-the-Art Performance Combined with “Cool” Factor

NEW YORK (AES Booth #600), Oct. 7, 2005 – Sony’s new PCM-D1 portable recorder, which will be introduced at the 2005 AES Convention, represents a significant advance in high-quality mobile recording.  Designed to produce digital stereo recordings that are completely faithful to the original master, the PCM-D1 is capable of re-creating even the most subtle performance nuances.

The PCM-D1 can be used for high-quality recording in an array of applications including live sound, house of worship and theatrical performance, as well as by journalists in the field.

“The PCM-D1’s level of quality is matched only by its extraordinary ‘cool’ factor,” said Paul Foschino, senior manager for professional audio in Sony Electronics’ Broadcast and Production Systems Division. “The body of this portable recorder is fashioned from pure 1mm thick pressed titanium that’s several times harder than alumite-treated aluminum. Sound engineers will simply not want to put this unit down.”

The new recorder is lightweight, free of all drive mechanisms, equipped with extraordinarily sensitive, built-in condenser microphones, and designed with circuits that process stereo sound with virtually no extraneous noise.

The PCM-D1 features 96K-24 bit recording capability, 4GB internal flash memory, removable Memory Stick Pro™ high-speed storage and a built-in USB 2.0 port for Macintosh® and Windows®/PC operating systems.

Additional key features of the PCM-D1 recorder include:

·         Built-in condenser microphones in an X - Y configuration with low self-noise, high sensitivity and nearly 30 kHz frequency response

·         .WAV recording file format capability

·         Analog level meters with LED peak overload indicators

·         LCD display with comprehensive recorder status indication and menu selection

·         Four AA nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries and charger (supplied, battery life at 96 kHz of approximately 4.0 hours with rechargeable AA batteries)

·         Signal processing functions including SBM, limiter and 200Hz high pass filter

·         Weight 18.5 ounces  (with batteries)

The Sony PCM-D1 recorder is expected to be available in December at a suggested list price of $2000.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2005, 02:01:53 PM »

·         Built-in condenser microphones in an X - Y configuration with low self-noise, high sensitivity and nearly 30 kHz frequency response

The Sony PCM-D1 recorder is expected to be available in December at a suggested list price of $2000.

Ouch!  Built in mics and a high price tag.  The titanium body sounds pretty sweet though.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2005, 02:06:02 PM »
I took the photo at the AES show in Newyork.It has 4gigs internal memory and a slot for Sony Stick memory
retail is $2000
They have a line in and a cheesy mic in but no spidif in dummies

Of course there's no S/PDIF, you've gotta use their proprietary 126 pin cable! ;)
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 02:06:13 PM »

Ouch!  Built in mics and a high price tag.  The titanium body sounds pretty sweet though.

and proprietary media

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »
I took the photo at the AES show in Newyork.It has 4gigs internal memory and a slot for Sony Stick memory
retail is $2000
They have a line in and a cheesy mic in but no spidif in dummies

Of course there's no S/PDIF, you've gotta use their proprietary 126 pin cable! ;)

don't worry, len will make you a reliable, well-built version that's better than anything else on the market (according to him) for not so cheap.

Offline Cyril

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 02:34:09 PM »
For the price tag on the new Sony, is it reasonable to expect that these mics are of really good quality?

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 02:42:34 PM »
I'll bet that very soon we will see one of these in production minus the built in mics and the VU meters.  I didnt think Sony would withdraw from the portable prosumer DAT market and just leave the HD/Compact Flash/etc. wide open for the competition.  They have too much technology already designed and available from DAT that would be easily adaptable to the HD (similar to what I think we are seeing with the new Tascam unit).  I think it will be interesting to see this product develop.

$10 they build it using MemoryStick or some other proprietary crap instead of CF.

Offline JasonSobel

• My show list
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2005, 02:47:32 PM »
$10 they build it using MemoryStick or some other proprietary crap instead of CF.

already been covered

The PCM-D1 features 96K-24 bit recording capability, 4GB internal flash memory, removable Memory Stick Pro, high-speed storage and a built-in USB 2.0 port for Macintosh® and Windows®/PC operating systems.

Offline Colin Liston

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »
Sony is retarded if the mics aren't removable....
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2005, 05:09:42 PM »

the memory stick is relible media exacly as the cf , these who will buy this recorder will not give a damm to pay extar 100 for the same capacity memory .
thats not a cheap m audio crap , thats sony :-)
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.136 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com