Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need recommendations for shrink down  (Read 2253 times)

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
  • Needs to get out more...
Need recommendations for shrink down
« on: November 15, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »
Well, looks like another child will be on our horizon, not yet, starting the process of "trying" (love that). Seeing how I took over the 3rd bedroom for my office that houses my collection and playback gear, it looks like I will need to shrink down my system to go into the den, the WAF for my ASL aq1001dt is low and I would ideally want something that could be used as audio playback and to run the tv through. I love the tube sound and would like to continue to use tubes if possible, as long as they don't have "those light bulbs sticking out the top". I want something versatile enough to do both and prefer an integrated and my main focus is on audio playback but I guess I should look at something that can do surround as well. Am I asking too much? Budget is around $1000 or so, suggestions?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline jpschust

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Padres Rule Your Face
Re: Need recommendations for shrink down
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »
Well, looks like another child will be on our horizon, not yet, starting the process of "trying" (love that). Seeing how I took over the 3rd bedroom for my office that houses my collection and playback gear, it looks like I will need to shrink down my system to go into the den, the WAF for my ASL aq1001dt is low and I would ideally want something that could be used as audio playback and to run the tv through. I love the tube sound and would like to continue to use tubes if possible, as long as they don't have "those light bulbs sticking out the top". I want something versatile enough to do both and prefer an integrated and my main focus is on audio playback but I guess I should look at something that can do surround as well. Am I asking too much? Budget is around $1000 or so, suggestions?

what about one of the sony integrateds?  gives you all of that at about your range.  Plus you can still use that silky smooth bel canto.
Quote from: Todd Snider
They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

Offline twoodruff

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 02:26:48 PM »

what about one of the sony integrateds?  gives you all of that at about your range.  Plus you can still use that silky smooth bel canto.

I dunno, I really am not that impressed with those units, is that my only option?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline jpschust

• Padres Rule Your Face
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 02:30:19 PM »
no but it was the first thing that came to mind :)
Quote from: Todd Snider
They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 02:37:28 PM »
surround tube seems rare to me... I haven't seen one, I don't think... that, by no means, means that there isn't one, but I can't imagine that it would be cheap...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline EScott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:35:09 PM »
I think Cary makes a tube / SS hybrid integrated that would fall in your price range.  Haven't heard one first hand, but they get pretty good reviews from A-gon (from the sellers of course!)
"You know the type loud as a motor bike
But wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight"

Offline twoodruff

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 03:48:18 PM »
I think Cary makes a tube / SS hybrid integrated that would fall in your price range.  Haven't heard one first hand, but they get pretty good reviews from A-gon (from the sellers of course!)

know the model?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
The Jolida 1501RC hybrid might be a nice option, it won't do multichannel but the tubes aren't visible.  I got a chance to listen to one awhile back and thought it sounded pretty good for the money.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com