Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I love Audiogon...  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: I love Audiogon...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 04:11:46 PM »
Zip code searches?  You bastard!  I had no idea that option was even there.  I can feel my wallet getting lighter...

yep. I had no idea either and now I can't stop looking

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 04:13:09 PM »
Zip code searches?  You bastard!  I had no idea that option was even there.  I can feel my wallet getting lighter...

yep. I had no idea either and now I can't stop looking

it honestly rocks...the coolest thing was the guy I bought my tannoys from..he had a setup with martin logan speakers...incredible to get a chance to listen to them

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 05:55:22 PM »
That zip code search is Pure Evil.

Which Martin Logans?  I've had my CLS for 17 years. Hard to believe it has been that long. They ruined me for cone speakers. I recently took them out of storage and set them up to better eval the soundstage of my recordings.. Still getting the room and rest of the gear ready..  Not sure if I'll keep'em, add a sub or get something else (what, I have no idea).

Doug recommended the Antique Sound Labs Huricane amps today as the least expensive reference quality amp..  I asked him about the McCormacks but he hasn't had a chance to listen to them critically  :-\

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 07:46:51 PM »
Which Martin Logans?  I've had my CLS for 17 years. Hard to believe it has been that long. They ruined me for cone speakers. I recently took them out of storage and set them up to better eval the soundstage of my recordings.. Still getting the room and rest of the gear ready..  Not sure if I'll keep'em, add a sub or get something else (what, I have no idea).

his set was from the clarity line, I believe he said...big bastards, but sounded fantastic

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 08:00:42 PM »
i got about $16k in gear from audiogon for about 4k.  gotta love that

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com