Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New to Rockbox...A question  (Read 2530 times)

Offline SpareRibs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
New to Rockbox...A question
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:31:10 PM »
Hello all.

I just got a brand new iRiver HP140 ;D And i wanna do Rockbox. I went to their site and I found it confusing. Can someone give me advise on how to install Rockbox?
Any tips or feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
Re: New to Rockbox...A question
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:24:57 PM »
yeah...some mongrel wiped their site.  They should have the wiki back up over the next couple of days.

If you're in a hurry, maybe try reading this thread: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=5164.0

It has been more than a year since I had to install rockbox for the first time, so I'm a bit rusty on specifics.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline mwilker

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 03:45:59 AM »
I've successfully turned my ipod into the rockbox. How do I put songs on it. Do I just drop flac onto that drive or device icon ?
Rode-K2's>Marantz('89-'91)
Nuemann-KM54's>Marantz('91-'93)
Electro-Voice-RE20's>SBM-1>D8('93-'99)
Schoeps-MSTC64.MK4's.ortf.matched~> V3~> M1(present)

Offline mh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 07:41:37 AM »
yeah just copy and paste, if you want to sort you songs you will need a program like tag and rename because they sort by folder and file name not what's on the tags

Offline mwilker

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:46:40 AM »
yeah just copy and paste, if you want to sort you songs you will need a program like tag and rename because they sort by folder and file name not what's on the tags
Thank you.....have had an empty rockbox for a week and can't wait to fill it up.

got a show playin'. adjusted volume ok, adjusted bass/treble ok. clicked on balance and it locked up. Ipod wont move, won't turn off, won't do anything. Had to hold menu and select to shut down. Started back up fine, went to adjust eq and it locked again. Is it too much to make adjustments while playing music ????

just locked during playback, is this a noted problem? I do a live radio show and cannot have this problem. The audio is amazing though, so many nice settings.

Got it working fine....except for the lockups....anybody had this problem???????????????????
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:48:23 PM by mwilker »
Rode-K2's>Marantz('89-'91)
Nuemann-KM54's>Marantz('91-'93)
Electro-Voice-RE20's>SBM-1>D8('93-'99)
Schoeps-MSTC64.MK4's.ortf.matched~> V3~> M1(present)

Offline beefstew

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 11:24:56 PM »
Thank you.....have had an empty rockbox for a week and can't wait to fill it up.

got a show playin'. adjusted volume ok, adjusted bass/treble ok. clicked on balance and it locked up. Ipod wont move, won't turn off, won't do anything. Had to hold menu and select to shut down. Started back up fine, went to adjust eq and it locked again. Is it too much to make adjustments while playing music ????

just locked during playback, is this a noted problem? I do a live radio show and cannot have this problem. The audio is amazing though, so many nice settings.

Got it working fine....except for the lockups....anybody had this problem???????????????????

i thought Rockbox was designed for the iRiver not iPod
*Audio*
Mics:
SP-CMC-19
Panasonic WM61a

Recorders:
MZ-RH910 (Hi-MD)
Sony TC-WE435 (CASS)

*Video*
Canon ZR-500 [Mini DV]
54" Tripod

I spend most of my money on gambling, booze, and women. The rest i spend foolishly.

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 03:09:59 AM »
The iriver h1xx / h3x0 is just one of many rockbox targets.  They also target several ipod models.  See rockbox.org for more details.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline rasta

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 01:37:14 PM »
What the hell is Rockboxing?  Does it allow other types of files to be played back?  I feel like the idiot in the class, I don't get it
4023>m148>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com