Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam SS-R1  (Read 2050 times)

Offline jmitchell

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Tascam SS-R1
« on: February 17, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »
I am guessing this would be the right thread to post in.  I currently use a Tascam SS-R1 for transfers.  The machine has a cf card slot, and I am concerned about bending a pin either in the Tascam, or on the usb card reader I have.  I purchased a PhotoFast CR-7100 (http://www.sears.com/photofast-microsd-microsdhc-to-compact-flash-type-1/p-SPM6142622307) which is a CF > micro sdhc card adapter (this is the only one I can find that has the sdhc slot in the back so I don't have to ever remove the cf from the tascam).  The problem I am having is that I get a "media error" message when I have the sdhc inserted into the adapter.  I can plug the adapter into my usb card reader and it works just fine.  I have reformatted the sdhc to all possible formats.  I have transferred the .setup folder from a freshly formatted cf card to the sdhc with the same results.  It is my understanding that using a class 4 sdhc is compatible with a Type 1 CF card.  I can try using a class 6 sdhc, but haven't tried that yet.  Basically, I am wondering if anyone has encountered anything similar to this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
AKG C451E, CK1, CK22, CK3
Telefunken M60, TK60, TK62
Studio Projects C4 Cards & Omni
CA-14 Cards & Omni
Audioroot Femto, Sound Devices MixPre-D
Sound Devices MixPre-6, Zoom F8n, Roland R-05

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: Tascam SS-R1
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »
Jeff,

it's been a few days since you posted this, and no responses yet.

I have reformatted the sdhc to all possible formats.  I have transferred the .setup folder from a freshly formatted cf card to the sdhc with the same results.

I assume that you've treied formatting the micro sdhc card in the Tascam itself?

My guess is that no one has responded, because not too many people have experience with CF > micro SDHC adaptors.  while your concern about bending pins on the tascam is not unfounded, I think you're worrying about it too much.  just remember to take a little extra care and a few extra seconds each time you insert or remove the card and be sure that it's aligned properly, and you shouldn't have any issues, even with years of use (based on my experience and other's experience with the Tascam HD-P2).  As for the card reader side of things, same thing - but those can easily and cheaply be replaced (a lot cheaper and easier than the Tascam), so less need to worry there.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com