Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO Suggestions?  (Read 5340 times)

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
MBHO Suggestions?
« on: May 13, 2004, 01:27:35 PM »
I've been running MBHOs for about a year or so now, first with a V2 then with MP2>SBM1, and always using the KA200 (card) caps.

I'm considering making a few additions/changes to the rig, and wanted to see if anybody could offer any tips or hook me up with some samples.

I like the MBHO>V3 tapes I've heard, but haven't heard any MBHO>Mini Me shows for a comparison. Anybody got any?

Also, I'm thinking about investing in a pair of KA500 (hyper) and KA100 (omni) caps. Are there any particular shows with these caps (preferably with a V3 or MME) I should seek out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...and +T to anybody that can offer any advice at all.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 01:58:23 PM by Nick Graham »
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
Re:MBHO Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 02:31:59 PM »
Hi,
I have been runnin' the 500's for about a year and love them.  ka500>V3>P1.
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=12216
I like how this one turned out.  I will bnp you some other samples if you are interested.

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 02:41:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip...I'll download that tonight.

+T as well...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 03:03:57 PM »
Hi,
I like how this one turned out.  I will bnp you some other samples if you are interested.

We've got the same rig John and yes, I love the results I've gotten! I'd upgrade to the V3 first and then the caps. If money is a factor (when isn't it??), you might consider trading the KA200s or selling them in order to buy the KA500s which are more veritle than I thought when I purchased them last year. I don't gurantee anything but I'd bet you'll have no regrets. I used the hypers last a few weeks ago for SKB from the same venue/section I used the cards from last year (at SKB) and what a DIFFERENCE the hypers make! Anyone should send me a PM if they're intrested.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 03:18:59 PM »
hypers are always a good standard choice if you are doing a lot of taping from the section, or in shitty sounding rooms. Cards are nice outside if the section isn't covered by a shell, but overall, I run my hypers 9 out of 10. I love my mk41's, but when I ran the KA200's I loved the results if I could get up close, got some fantastic tapes up close with the mbho cards, but rarely can I get that close.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 04:58:35 PM »
hypers are always a good standard choice if you are doing a lot of taping from the section, or in shitty sounding rooms. Cards are nice outside if the section isn't covered by a shell, but overall, I run my hypers 9 out of 10. I love my mk41's, but when I ran the KA200's I loved the results if I could get up close, got some fantastic tapes up close with the mbho cards, but rarely can I get that close.

Exaclty. Which is why every one should have interchangable caps/patterns! Options are greeeeeeeeat!!!!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 05:07:40 PM »
which is why I love the ADK TL's, 4 patterns, one switch ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 05:24:28 PM »
which is why I love the ADK TL's, 4 patterns, one switch ;D

Does that switch have "hold" or "lock" button?   ;)

Offline Tim

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 05:37:48 PM »
5 patterns, 1 switch ;D

sorry, just heckling you a bit
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 05:52:55 PM »
Nice!!!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 08:07:47 PM »
5 patterns, 1 switch ;D

sorry, just heckling you a bit

sure, but what does that mean?

In Tyler we Trust

Offline Tim

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 08:21:25 PM »
u89s have 5 patterns... I just like to tease my adk friends...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 08:29:52 PM »
ahhhh, I see.....5 patterns, one switch, one empty bank account ;D
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Tim

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »
:lol:

touche!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 08:32:03 PM »
about all I could come back with.... ;D
In Tyler we Trust

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 08:36:45 PM »
u89s have 5 patterns... I just like to tease my adk friends...

If the ADK's just had sub-cards, I'd've been all over 'em.  As it is...I bought Bill's MK21s.   :twocents:  I'm still awfully tempted, though...
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Tim

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 08:40:23 PM »
the subcard is my favorite pattern, I use it a lot...

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 08:41:38 PM »
coming from a fellow schoeps lover, try them out some time, if anything, they are just different to run from a set up standpoint, vertical XY is fun ;D, but I hear you, subcards on the TL's would be nice, ADK are you listening when the new TL's come out?, oh yea, while your at at, make a tube version with a remote power source like the schoeps t00bs use, then I would be stoked.
In Tyler we Trust

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 08:00:29 AM »
We've got the same rig John and yes, I love the results I've gotten! I'd upgrade to the V3 first and then the caps. If money is a factor (when isn't it??), you might consider trading the KA200s or selling them in order to buy the KA500s which are more veritle than I thought when I purchased them last year. I don't gurantee anything but I'd bet you'll have no regrets. I used the hypers last a few weeks ago for SKB from the same venue/section I used the cards from last year (at SKB) and what a DIFFERENCE the hypers make! Anyone should send me a PM if they're intrested.

Hey Rob,
Nice to see someone else running this rig.  Everyone I have talked to that runs it really likes it.  I am working on an active setup now as I have only run full bodied thus far.  I like the option, but just haven't put the $ into a smaller stand, shock, and such.

Nick,
Let me know what you think.  

Offline hoyt

• Taperssection Member
    • http://www.the-hoyts.com
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2004, 09:44:45 AM »
Hi,

Anyone ever seen a pair of the 500s for sale used on here before?  I was thinking not long ago that it wouldbe nice to pick up the hypers too, but mbho doesn't even show them on their webpage anymore.

--hoyt
dpa4028/4023/4011er > sx-m2d2/ sx-r4+

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2004, 12:35:26 PM »
Hi,

Anyone ever seen a pair of the 500s for sale used on here before?  I was thinking not long ago that it wouldbe nice to pick up the hypers too, but mbho doesn't even show them on their webpage anymore.

--hoyt

I looked long and hard for a used pair of KA500's before biting the bullet and buying myself a Christmas present! Frank from Cascade go me a matched pair for 500 bones, delivered. I still haven't ever see any in the yard section, etc... but keep looking.

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2004, 01:22:24 PM »
I have yet to hear a MBHO -> V3 tape.... how's it sound??
Been digging the warm sound of Neumanns lately...

-Jim

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2004, 09:23:12 PM »
I run MBHO Ka200's > V2 > Minime and love it.  Only ran the minime alone for a few shows before I got the V2.  If you would like any samples I will gladly do a trade/B+P.
Ed
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 47 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com