Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony ECM907 Mic/MD Question  (Read 3300 times)

Offline PK ONE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Sony ECM907 Mic/MD Question
« on: May 25, 2004, 03:23:33 PM »
I just purchased Sony's ECM-MS907 One Point Stereo Microphone. I am using a MZ N505 MD and the mic won't pick up via my line in, not even with my 9 volt power supply. Sony is real vauge about the models that are compatible.

Does anyone use this mic? If so, what MD's are used? Will it pick up via the mic-in jack on MZ-R700 model? Will it work on almost any MD with a mic in jack?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re:Sony ECM907 Mic/MD Question
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 03:39:33 PM »
I have used it on the MZ-R55, I am not sure as to if it will work on the newer net MD models, I believe I heard it wont
mics & cameras

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 06:44:16 PM »
i think the ecm mic needs the mic in power from the md.  if you got mics with a battery box, you could use the line in.

don't remember much about md anymore.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline goose

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 07:04:54 PM »
With no external preamp, I would think you would need a MIC-IN jack to get anything.  The level is not loud enough to go line in without a preamp of some kind, most likely.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 11:26:26 PM »
Yell! :)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 12:05:09 AM »
wtf? did even put a battery in it?

do not use mic-in, do not use an external poswer supply.  If the battery inside the mic doesn't work, then it's broken

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 03:49:52 PM »
i think the ecm mic needs the mic in power from the md.  if you got mics with a battery box, you could use the line in.

don't remember much about md anymore.

This was my experience as well... I had a 909A, which used a AA battery, and it ONLY worked when I used it in the mic in.  Line in did not work.

Regardless, if I were you, I would take the $175 or so you would spend on a different MD that has a mic in, and get a set of mics and battery box with that money.  That will surely work through the line in, and sound much better than using the mic in....

my
 :twocents:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 03:53:10 PM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Shig420

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 12:25:21 PM »
Here is your answer:

I had an MZ-N505  with that sony mic that costs about $100 and has one AA Batt., I think it's the 907.

Anyway, it WILL not work on a 505! I promise.  You can get a little preamp for it, but that's an extra box and you will get distortion.  This is what I did:

I just bought an MZ-N707 (or anything with a mic in). And I plan to sell my 505 to make up some of the loss.  I suggest selling it at a show AFTER you get the new unit, that way you can get a lot for it with a copy of that show.  It will accept the Headphone line out from your new unit, and you'll have two copies of the show.

Trust me.

Offline PK ONE

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 12:55:28 PM »
Shig-

Thank you! Exactally what I needed to know. Have you had good luck recording with your current set up? Great idea about selling the old MD!
I appreciate your help. Have a good weekend!
Peace.
Jeff

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 05:23:12 PM »
well, I had a 908c (similar to the 907) and recorded with it line-in for 6 months on my MZ-R700.  I don't know what these other w00ks are smoking :-P  

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com