Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Config when not DFC?  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Config when not DFC?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 01:30:34 AM »
This thread(and recording) makes a pretty good argument for ORTF.

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21093.0

I like Vanilla .......but, ORTF is trying to capture an image and I don't see much of an image coming from a single stack (read MONO from one side of the stage) when compared to 2 stacks w/ some separation.  You can run AB or XY when stack taping (of course one can record any way one chooses).   The guy running ORTF in front of the stack is using, IMO, what is easiest to him (which is just as good when capturing a single stack).   ;D

jah

some poeple like to argue that you can still get the stereo image of the crowd

to that I say wtf

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 09:40:47 AM »

I like Vanilla .......but, ORTF is trying to capture an image and I don't see much of an image coming from a single stack (read MONO from one side of the stage) when compared to 2 stacks w/ some separation.  You can run AB or XY when stack taping (of course one can record any way one chooses).   The guy running ORTF in front of the stack is using, IMO, what is easiest to him (which is just as good when capturing a single stack).   ;D

jah

to that I say wtf

Cuz of the mini rig I run ORTF (pretty much the only option with the mics in the case.)  Even running in front of a single stack, there is still some imaging there.  (as there are reflections, acoustics of the venue, etc)  Personally I like it tho, it gives you more of a "sitting in front of the stack" feel than other configs.  I aim it by drawing that line between the mics and pointing that at the stack...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline jkoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • groovy!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 01:25:10 AM »

jah

to that I say wtf

i stack taped mraz from 2nd row, 5' or less from the stack x/y and there is a very obvious crowd stereo image IMO
Schoeps MK4s > active cables > NBox+ > Edirol R-09HR

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com