Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audix micros  (Read 2230 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
audix micros
« on: November 25, 2004, 11:48:29 AM »
HOw do these perform?  How do they stack up to at853
Do they really take a mbho cap?
How stealthy are they?
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: audix micros
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:57:33 PM »
Not sure how they compare with the ATs, but it's the Josephson micro line that will work with MBHO caps. The Audix are much, much smaller.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

BobW

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 11:18:16 AM »
AT943s are pretty amazing as cardioids, I'll bet the omnis are good to.
Have never heard the Hypers.

Offline Zaphod

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 05:23:26 PM »
The Audix get compared to the AKG480s quite a bit.

Don't know at all if they sound like the AT mics but I doubt they are comparable.
we are the people the rescuers will never find

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 11:43:56 AM »
I've only used mine three times so far.  The first time with a DIY digimod UA-5 in din and they sound very nice. here's a sample.

The second time I used them, I used them with my new v3 and ran ortf and the bass is a bit lacking, here's a sample

The third time was again with my v3, this time in my friends basement and running xy.  it was just him with an acoustic guitar goofing around but the sound is awesome.  sorry, no sample.

I've heard they sound best in din which i plan on running next with the v3.

my only complaint so far is the lack of bass on the one recording, but i don't think i've used them enuf to give an accurate review.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004, 12:23:34 PM »
I've only used mine three times so far.  The first time with a DIY digimod UA-5 in din and they sound very nice. here's a sample.

The second time I used them, I used them with my new v3 and ran ortf and the bass is a bit lacking, here's a sample

The third time was again with my v3, this time in my friends basement and running xy.  it was just him with an acoustic guitar goofing around but the sound is awesome.  sorry, no sample.

I've heard they sound best in din which i plan on running next with the v3.

my only complaint so far is the lack of bass on the one recording, but i don't think i've used them enuf to give an accurate review.

Ed's recording of Explosions in the Sky is tite!

I think these mics are way stealthier than they look in pictures.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004, 12:54:46 PM »
I ran the 1290 hypers.  I comparred them to a 483 sound.  my bitch w/them is that they only went down to 30hz.  Still, thats pretty low, but I need my mics to be full range, 20-20 at least. 
as a result, on my stereo....they sounded thin to me.
tight, refined, great high end responce, but not much for a big thump and sometimes I want to feel that, especialy if it was present in the recording.

I ran them XY, DIN and ORTF.  DIN sounded best to me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.176 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com