Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dpa 4022 buzzing  (Read 2049 times)

Offline ttrego2003

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • nobody puts baby in the corner!
dpa 4022 buzzing
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:23:09 PM »
borrowed a friends mics (4022) and they have worked great until last night. 2 days ago i put fresh elec tape around cables, but maybe i put tape a little to tight, because  major buzzing last night at music farm. both connectors seem to be loose going into capsule also. what do i do ?

todd

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: dpa 4022 buzzing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:39:25 PM »
buy your friend a new set? :bawling:

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »
Ooooo...not a fun situation.  When I loan my gear, I always make it clear to the borrower - and require their agreement in advance - they're responsible for repair or replacement of the mics in the event any damage occurs while the gear is in their possession.

I've always considered this an unwritten rule when borrowing products of any kind, whether it's recording gear, motorcycles, etc.  But it really depends on the arrangement - if any - you have with the loaner of the gear, your personal perspective, the loaner's perspective, etc.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Weirdness

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • ...driftin' and dreamin'...
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »
Sounds like a cable problem for sure.  I wouldn't be surpised if you got too excited with the tape, that would be the first thing to try.  Worst case, the cables are going to be much cheaper than the caps themselves but sending the mics back would be a pain.  Good luck, hope it works out for you!!!

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »
cables loose?  the 4022 are not lemmo connectors?  the wire should not be lose of should not be messed with, they are fixed.  If at all possible the wires should not be screwed in or out, they are not ment to be taken off, if they are continually taken in and out, you will face phase problems.  Is there any chance it can be with your interconnects, i have had buzz with my DPA 4022 but it was form my interconnects not making a solid connection.

Offline stober

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 09:49:07 PM »
Just curious,why did you put electrical tape on the cables?The whole cable or just around were in goes into the capsule?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.302 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com