Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone have a favorite camcorder for taping shows?  (Read 5846 times)

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone have a favorite camcorder for taping shows?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 06:58:18 AM »
As far as telephoto lens go- yes spend the cash- those 40 dollar ones in stores are hit and miss- one I have works fine with one cam but with the other I get halos and vhs like quality when zoomed in rendering it pointless. The Sony High Grade 2x lens that retails for 100 bucks is great.

I've bought two non-OEM telephoto lenses - one for my Panasonic and one for my Sony cams (it fits both of them).  I don't see any difference with either when I use them - even in full zoom.  But I've seen video where the edges of the picture got very blurry when the filmer was using a zoom lens and he zoomed in all the way.

If either of the lenses I purchased did this, I simply would have sent them back.  Fortunately, they work great.

One area in which I will not use non-OEM parts is with long life batteries.  There are a lot of shit batteries made in China that don't come even close to living up to their stated battery life.  A lot of them are advertised as true Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, etc. batteries on eBay - but they are cheap rip offs.

Note: I heard the new Sony HDV cams won't let you use anything but a true-blue Sony battery.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 07:02:24 AM by guitard »
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com