Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone know of a plugin friendly audio editing program?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone know of a plugin friendly audio editing program?
« on: January 02, 2018, 02:43:49 PM »
Hi all!

I am tired of doing manual tasks for removing clapping in audience tapes, and I would like to look into coding a plugin to an audio editing tool that can do the job for me. Does anyone have any experience coding such plugins? If so, do you have a ny hints to where I might go for information? I am an experienced programmer myself, but I have never done this kind of thing...

oh, and if this plugin already exists (a regular limiter/compressor/gate is not what I am looking for), please do tell me :-)

-Christian
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone know of a plugin friendly audio editing program?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:16:29 AM »
After a tiny bit of research, this seems like a very nice resource for this:

http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/tags/making_audio_plugins.html
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline rumbleseat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Sonicsational Audio
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 10:08:33 AM »
I've had good luck suppressing loud applause using the "Declicker" and/or "Decrackler" functions provided with Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.  Several other programs have click removal as well including iZotope and Audacity.
Audacity's "Click Removal" tool is under the Effects tab, and although it is quite powerful, it doesn't run in real time, so some trial and error is needed.

In fact, there's a thread on this topic here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=163137.0

Good luck!
AKG C480B CK61 cards or AKG C568EB or Church CA-11 cards >  Canare L-4E6S with Neutrik EMC > Tascam DR-680 MKII or DR-44WL > memories

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
I've had good luck suppressing loud applause using the "Declicker" and/or "Decrackler" functions provided with Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.  Several other programs have click removal as well including iZotope and Audacity.
Audacity's "Click Removal" tool is under the Effects tab, and although it is quite powerful, it doesn't run in real time, so some trial and error is needed.

In fact, there's a thread on this topic here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=163137.0

Good luck!

Ha - I was just about to post my thread and you beat me to it.

One thing I'll add: The new Limiter module in the most recent Audacity actually does a really great job with clapping and other short peaks when set to its "Soft Limiter" preset.  I used it for a few recent recordings with loud audience applause, and also on one where there was a small choir accompanied by a very loud percussion section close to my mics and it did a great job with both.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com