Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DR-680 input comparision DIGI VS XLR  (Read 2153 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
DR-680 input comparision DIGI VS XLR
« on: December 04, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
I had a chance to run my new USBPre2.  I set it up with both Spdif input and XLR input.  The sample clip link is below.  Lets see what you think.  Recorded a three piece rock and roll band at a small bar.   I picked a piece that has no vocals so it is just what the mics are picking up.  The mics were at stage lip, about 7-8 feet from amps and drums.  I ran Toa KY's ORTF 22cm ~2.5' high.  It's a small file so it will load up easily.  it contains both Spdif and XLR inputs.  see if you can tell which is which.  And there are more than two pieces to it.  The Spdif input is via a Zaolla silverline coax and the XLR input is via my own custom chopped down switchcraft gold xlr's with Gepco Bittree DPC AES/EBU 110 ohm cable.  I only adjusted levels to make them even, no normalization or anything else.   Let us know how many pieces you think there are and which is which.   I'll post the results below between the quotation marks, but in white text so you will need to change the text color to read it or just highlight it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jdf9wb

" the first ten seconds are digi input the second ten seconds are analog input and the rest is digi input.  "

Offline Sockan

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: DR-680 input comparision DIGI VS XLR
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
Hmmm..
I couldn't hear any diference...
Equipment:
Two ears recording to a 16Kb memory between them.

kirk97132

Re: DR-680 input comparision DIGI VS XLR
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 02:34:02 PM »
Me neither.  So it seems that the Tascam and Sound Devices A/D sections are pretty much equal.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com