Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: firmware revision or manufac. date on Apogee Minime?  (Read 2929 times)

Offline JGuitar02

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
firmware revision or manufac. date on Apogee Minime?
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:51:44 AM »
Does anyone know how to tell the firmware revision, or the date of manufacture on an Apogee Minime with USB? I have the serial number of a unit I would like to purchase from a private individual, but he doesn't know the firmware revision or the manufacturing date.

If I have the serial number of the unit (which he gave to me), is there a way to decipher the firmware revision, or the date of manufacture of the unit?

Also, does it really matter what the firmware version is on the Minime USB, and is there a difference in quality or functionality from year to year on these units?

Please advise if you can - thank you!

stirinthesauce

Re: firmware revision or manufac. date on Apogee Minime?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 09:14:54 AM »
Trying to do this from memory.

There were very few rev a versions made.  Only a few hundred or less.  They do not have the internal jumpers to go between high gain and low gain settings.  Very useful to have the jumpers if you record LOUD sound sources as the rev a are automatically set to the high gain settings.  The rev c's have the jumpers.

I've got all this info saved in my pm's.  Let me search through the 2973 pm's and I'll get back with all the pertinent, correct info.

Edit to add:  Here should be the correct info.

Rev A is only different from Rev C in that:

A runs only on 8-14V power
C can go down to 6V

and

C has jumpers next to the inputs on the main board that can be adjusted to provide low gain (instead of scorching hot, like the MME usually is).  Rev A does not.  The input needs to be padded down before the preamp to get lower gain. 

Apparently only 80 rev a's were made.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 09:32:26 AM by stirinthesauce »

Offline JGuitar02

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:25:06 PM »
Thanks for the great info, stirinthesauce.

Do you know the serial number range for the revision A units? (so I can make sure I am NOT getting a revision A).

Do the serial numbers indicate the approximate date or year of manufacture in some way?

stirinthesauce

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 07:38:33 PM »

Do you know the serial number range for the revision A units? (so I can make sure I am NOT getting a revision A).

Do the serial numbers indicate the approximate date or year of manufacture in some way?

I'm not sure on serial #'s, I would imagine they were low, as in first 80, but I do know the casing was a different color, black to be exact.  The face plate was the standard stainless steel.  The newer units had the stainless steel/aluminum type housing, non colored.

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »

I'm not sure on serial #'s, I would imagine they were low, as in first 80, but I do know the casing was a different color, black to be exact.  The face plate was the standard stainless steel.  The newer units had the stainless steel/aluminum type housing, non colored.

Interesting. T+ in 12
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline JGuitar02

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »
Thanks for the great info.  :)

stirinthesauce

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
no problem, just passing on the info that was freely shared with me  :)

Thanks for the great info.  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com