Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA 4060, where to buy?  (Read 5507 times)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DPA 4060, where to buy?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 02:55:35 AM »
I remember that thread about the 406x's with the lemo's

hack off the lemos, solder on an 1/8" mini, and get a $60 battery box from sound pro

Huh?  that really works?  Don't they need 48V phantom power?  Is there any downside to only giving them 9V?  I already have a SP box...  that would kick ass.

I wish I had picked up a pair off ebay...  I don't see them anymore...  I do remember they were super cheap.  Perhaps an unmodded pair will pop up on here for cheap someday...

--mizary

I will go on the record as saying that, I bought an unmatched pair from Bush, whom bought them on eBay, and I have no complaints powering them with a Sound Pro battery box.

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
Re: DPA 4060, where to buy?
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 11:18:53 AM »
I remember that thread about the 406x's with the lemo's

hack off the lemos, solder on an 1/8" mini, and get a $60 battery box from sound pro

Huh?  that really works?  Don't they need 48V phantom power?  Is there any downside to only giving them 9V?  I already have a SP box...  that would kick ass.

I wish I had picked up a pair off ebay...  I don't see them anymore...  I do remember they were super cheap.  Perhaps an unmodded pair will pop up on here for cheap someday...

--mizary

I will go on the record as saying that, I bought an unmatched pair from Bush, whom bought them on eBay, and I have no complaints powering them with a Sound Pro battery box.

Cool. That's good to know. hanks for the info! +T
I'm going to keep an eye out for some cheapies on ebay. (and probably get into bidding wars with you guys)
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com