Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Behringer B-5  (Read 2379 times)

Offline musicguru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Behringer B-5
« on: September 17, 2004, 04:09:37 PM »
Has anyone used these mikes?  Like the idea of the two capsules.  Would appreciate any info or suggestions.  Peace, musicguru

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Behringer B-5
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 04:17:31 PM »
Looks pretty damn close to the Studio Projects C-4 mics, which do the same thing...  ANd they are intorducing a hyper cap for it soon, also... 

I'm not so sure anyone really uses the B-5 mic, I know I don't have anything sourced with B-5s...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 04:59:43 PM »
i can tell you this much- i hate every single product ive ever used made by behringer.  they are poorly made and sound like ass

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 05:04:59 PM »
Yup.  Behringer stuff is cheap for a reason.

Taping is something where the addage "you get what you pay for" is very true, with a couple notable exceptions...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline musicguru

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 06:01:09 PM »
Ok, Ok,  since the Behringers seem to be not the mike of choice, what can you suggest in a mike that has different capsules?  Don't want a big mike that has different patterns to choose from.. Looking for something small that's around maybe the $200 - $500 price range per mike.  What can you guys suggest.  I tape everything from jazz, to choral to synphonic to classical pipe organ,   Thanks to all in advance, peace musicguru

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 06:57:29 PM »
You have a ton of options for <$500 per mic. At the low end would be the Studio Project C4s (card and omni only) or Superlux or Octava (card,omni and hyper). A complete set of Octavas would be around $800, and I think the Superluxes would run a little less. If you just wanted to start with the body and a set of card caps, you could probably find a used pair of AKG 391s for around $450 or a used pair of Audix 1290s for that price. You could find a used pair of AKG 480s for $800, and probably a similar deal on a pair of MG 200s or MBHO 600s. For a little more, you might find a used pair of Neumann 140s.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline musicguru

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 06:59:15 PM »
BTW have either of you used the B-5's or just going by the Behringer name?  I know alot of people don't like there products but I have used some of them with great success.   Thanks

jpschust

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 10:21:16 PM »
BTW have either of you used the B-5's or just going by the Behringer name?  I know alot of people don't like there products but I have used some of them with great success.   Thanks

i have used the b-5's a couple of times for studio sessions- so cant judge on their qualities in the field, but let me tell you what i found with these mics which is what i find with every behringer product- felt cheap, sounded cheap, produced lower than average results, would have done better using a sm57.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com