Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any thing other than the H2 that might work for me?  (Read 1650 times)

Offline countandduke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Any thing other than the H2 that might work for me?
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »
Love this forum!!!  Lots of good info.

I am looking for an easily portable and easily set-up-able recorder like the Zoom H2.  I jam with friends in the dummer's basement and I really like the 360 degree recording ability are there any other units that have this feature?  We jam in a circle and it can often get pretty loud and I am hoping to try and record things in an omni-directional pattern since bass is over here, guitars over there, drums over there and the PA is over there playing the keyboards....

SO yeah.....

I've read the reviews and stuff and so far the H2 sounds like it might work perfectly.  Any other units I should be checking out?

Thanks again...

Chris

I DO have a regular studio with mics and mic pres but I want something quick and dirty that will record us and sound good too...  Not asking too much am I?   ;D ;D ;D

Chris

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Any thing other than the H2 that might work for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:18:22 PM »
Now you really shouldn't call the drummer a dummer... he might be reading this!  :)

The only downside with the H2 in this context is a few reports that it can't handle really, really high levels.  Its mics are good for 120dB as I recall it, whereas some others would be rated at more like 130dB.  I'll leave alternative recommendations to others.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com