Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom H2 Question  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Dirk2112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Zoom H2 Question
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
Hey all.  I am new here, and have a dilemma.  I figured if anyone could help me with this, some of you could. 

I am not a noobie, but might as well be, as I haven't taped in several years.  Recently I got the urge to start back up again but my old gear was dead.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money at first, so I just picked up a Zoom H2.  I started messing around with it yesterday, and it's simple enough and seems to work fine with the AC adapter, but isn't doing anything with batteries.  Won't even power up.  And yes, they're installed properly.  Just wondering, does everyone think something is wrong with the unit and I need to return it, or am I being a complete idiot and missing something obvious?  Any replies would be welcome.

Thanks!

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Zoom H2 Question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
The Zoom H2 has a setting for the type of battery you're using (alkaline or NiMH rechargable).  But it should power up regardless.  If you've tried a couple of sets of batteries and you can't even get the recorder to power up, I'd take it back to the dealer for a checkup.

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »
Make sure the batteries are fresh or fully charged if they are rechargables. Otherwise, take it back and get another one. The setting for alkaline or rechargable just affects the remaining charge display.

BTW, as I tell all new H2 owners, save the black storage bag! Its acoustically transparent which comes in handy a times. If you decide to step up a bit, I've had a lot of luck running Church Audio CA-11 mics>CA-9000 preamp>H2 (line in).

Good luck and welcome back to taping!
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline Dirk2112

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »
Thanks for the response, I guess I'll work on exchanging it then. It's a shame, since I was gonna test it out on an easy, low security show this weekend, but oh well.

And cybergaloot, I have actually thought about going with one of the Church Audio mics once I get going, so I'll keep it in mind.  Thanks for the suggestion.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com