Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microtrack 24/96 question  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
microtrack 24/96 question
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »
Hope someone can answer question about battery rundown on writing files.When my internal battery started crapping out I went with a cell phone charger as an alternative to sending it off to these f***'s to install new one. When I checked battery levels before loading up they read 1.6 v.Unfortunatly I forgot these suckers drop voltage all at once and must have used a used set!I ran out during encore of James Cotten.When internal battery went out two years ago it managed to write the file before shutting down,now however it shut down and failed to write file.Is this because the unit went into charge mode when voltage dropped below certain level?I am using the a.c./computer plug and charging logo was running when I looked down during encore It was a bone-head mistake as we were in the sweet spot with nak.701 cardiod's and everything looked fine on levels.I have never had this prob. before with this ext. power source, usually goodfor 3+ hour on two lithiums.Any input would be appreciated.  Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: microtrack 24/96 question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 01:33:06 AM »
I hate to say it, but the only time I ever ran out of juice during a show, I lost my file. It was before I ever used an external source. All attempts at restore failed. That said any time I use an external battery source, I usually end up with a totally full internal battery by end of show, because it is charging the battery while it is recording. So if my external runs out, the internal takes over. That said, if the external was not delivering an accurate 5v charge, it could cause some problems, or not function the same way.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline slateboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
For what its worth, i decided to have a go at replacing the battery in my microtrack, and achieved it with some success.
Have a look here if you would like to change your own microtrack battery (entirely at your own responsibilty, of course!)
http://www.greendog.co.uk/microtrack/index.htm

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »
My experience is actually the complete opposite...my sound card crapped out a while ago and I've actually been running my DATs straight into the S/PDIF in from my DA-20. I just run it until the battery craps out and then plug the Microtrack into my computer to transfer the file over. No adverse effects yet, and I'm conditioning my battery pretty hardcore at the same time. :)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com