Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Drum Mics...(Article from Front of House Magazine)  (Read 1408 times)

Offline cavernut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
New Drum Mics...(Article from Front of House Magazine)
« on: April 21, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Earthworks Mics Pass the Test for The Killers       
MILFORD, NH — Since last August, The Killers’ drummer, Ronnie Vannucci, has been using Earthworks’ Drum Periscope series of High Definition Microphones for live performances and impromptu recording sessions.

The Drum Periscope series consists of a DP25/C snare microphone and a DP30/C tom microphone.  These microphones are attached to the drum rim (top or bottom) with the RM1 drum rim mount accessory.

According to Vannucci, these new snare and tom microphones have been passing with flying colors:

“I wouldn’t trade the new Drum Periscope mics for anything,” Vannucci said. “I have used the best of the best, and these mics are just unreal.”

Vannucci first used Earthworks’ DK25/L, with two overheads and one kick drum mic. He also used an Earthworks SR30 HC on a chorus section he recorded in the back of a bus.

Since then, Vannucci has extended his use of Earthworks’ mics into many other areas, for live performance and studio work.

Because of their heavy tour schedule, The Killers do a lot of recording while on tour. “At every gig, we have a backstage room that is closed off, which becomes our recording area,” Vannucci said. “Our set up for these rooms is comprised mostly of Earthworks mics. We find that they bring out the natural nuances of each room.

“You don’t need to drive these mics a lot,” Vannucci added. “They have a sensitivity all their own. They are also very natural sounding. I like this because when I start mixing, I am starting with a natural-sounding drum. What I hear in the studio is what I want to hear on playback.”

For more information, please visit www.earthworksaudio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com