Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bag recommendations for Mini-MP + R-44?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline terabyte23

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Regular
Bag recommendations for Mini-MP + R-44?
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:13:33 PM »
I am a new Mini-MP owner and I notice it's pretty long, especially with cables attached.  I've been using a backpack and would like to get a better gear bag.  Which bags would fit the MMP?  I'm looking at how nicely the gear fits in this Petrol bag but I'm also realizing how much longer the MMP is than the V3: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,118886.0.html

Do you guys just carry the MMP sideways in the bag?  Thanks for tips.
AKG ck61/ck63 > Naiant couplings > Naiant Tinybox > M10
CA-14 cards/omnis > SP-SPSB-8 > M10

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • it's recreational
Re: Bag recommendations for Mini-MP + R-44?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:28:00 AM »
I use a Tamrac Pro 8 to tote my MMP around.  I put it sideways in the bag and use right angle xlr's.  When I'm trying to be as low-pro as possible I'll put the mmp in an old camelbak hawg, but I'm not terribly pleased with either bag, really.

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »
Yeah, the biggest gripe people have about the MMP and the MME are the form factor while they're running in the field, but it doesn't bother me all that much.  I just carry mine in the Petrol and it fits perfectly in a stored position.  However, during the show, it's kinda awkwardly standing so that half of the preamp is sitting out the top of the bag.  If you're worried about your gear getting spilled upon, there's no protection. 

The only thing I thought of that might work for the MMP is the backpack bag that has the shelves that kinda fold down at a 45 degree angle when the bag is sitting on the ground.  That might work pretty good.

Offline jkbyram

• Taperssection Underachiever
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
i leave my mini mp sideways.  i only look at the levels on it for a brief few minutes so i don't need to see them. i set them at a good level and then use my recorder to "fine tune" the levels. this is the petrol pegz 2

Offline terabyte23

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »
I think sideways is probably the best way to go.  Get the levels set and put it back in the bag, like jk said.  The Petrol bags seem very nice, but they ain't cheap!  I'll keep my eyes open for something used.  Thanks guys!
AKG ck61/ck63 > Naiant couplings > Naiant Tinybox > M10
CA-14 cards/omnis > SP-SPSB-8 > M10

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 03:36:52 PM »
Besides the Petrol, look at the PortaBrace Cargo series since some PB outlets are currently running a 2for1 sale. Maybe split an order with someone.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,119868.0.html

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 03:38:21 PM »
I always ran my minime vertically, on a "target" rack, in a Cairn bag.  The rack provided good protection and easy access.

The cairn is a great bag.. very well made.  They were on sale a few years back.  Wally world has some cheap $10 bags that work well.  They aren't so well made and the zippers are cheap, etc.  I bought one that had a lifetime warranty a few years ago and they replaced it a couple years ago.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com