Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Josephsen Mics ?

(1/4) > >>

BobW:
Saw a post or two from Josephsen users.
Looked at the curves on the  c42s and  realized that they look like half of what ADK claims for response on their mics.  ???

I suspect real world may be different.

Any opinions on the c42 ?
Other relevant info (phantom, placement suggestions, tips/tricks/etc)

Any samples/ shows to be D/L'd or that can be U/L'd to my server ?

As always, TIA.

-bob

plucks:
paging Calico...

Chuck:

--- Quote from: plucks on January 14, 2004, 04:59:05 PM ---paging Calico...

--- End quote ---

Yes, I saw this post.
I'm not familiar with those c42's.
I've found David Josephson and his sales staff to be quite helpful in answering any questions. http://www.josephson.com/
I have heard good things about these microphones, but I haven't heard any recordings made with them.

jnorman34:
i've used and owned many SD condensers over the years, and currently use schoeps and DPA for chamber and classical recording.  i can tell you that the reputation of josephson in the professional world is far better than ADK.  the little series 4 is not quite up to par with the series 6, but it is an excellent acoustic instrument mic - quite similar to the neumann km184, perhaps a bit less colored.  

mikeincharleston:
i just finished downloading tj kirk from 12/27/03 and the source is

Josephson C42mp (on Stage 15 foot split)->Sound Devices MP2->Roland UA30

sounds pretty good, but again it is on stage so it my not be exactly what you are looking for to see what they "really" sound like in the field.  they are ape files, but i can ape>wav>shn one or two tracks and upload them.  PM me or if you want the whole show go to sharingthegroove.org and it's in the jazz section

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version